Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

siddeeq

Sabrina Maxi
« on: January 07, 2010, 12:36:14 pm »
Hi, am very veeeery new to carpet cleaning just done a few favours and jobs on the side but thinking of taking it further....been doing alot of online research and it sounds like what you need for good results is a machine with high psi (500+?)

I have a Sabrina Maxi porty which i think has about 130psi pump, can anyone tell if if this sort of machine is suitable for doing decent jobs with??? i have found the results to be ok but want to be confident i and know how urgent an upgrade is!

thanks!

Joe H

Re: Sabrina Maxi
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 12:45:49 pm »
High psi is fine, although you would probably use 300-350 on most carpets.

More important, IMO, is getting the water out of the carpet (along with the dirt ;)).
For this at least 2 vacs, but there are now a few machines with 3 vacs.

but if you got 2 vacs and 135psi that will work ok, after all that was the bees knees a few years ago.

Less vacs, more dry passes.

richie

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 02:06:49 pm »
I have used a Ashbys Ninja with the 2 vacs and 135psi water pump and got really good results however, using a triple vac porty with a 500 psi whaich i have also used is much easier and quicker.  You can obtain the same results with the porty with less vacs & lower pressure but its more labour intensive.  Remember that you also require good chemicals.  Prochem have a range that are second to none.Prochems Pure Clean is really good on domestic / light commercial work aswell as upholstery.  Prochems Power Burst is SUPERB on trashed domestics & commercial work.  They also carry a range of decent spotters. One Step Zip it & Zap it are good spotters & Solution UK RX Spotter is also good. 

I dont know what chemicals you currently use but whichever they are i advise that you dont add anything to the fresh water tank as this does tend to shorten the life of pumps.

Richie.

markpowell

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 02:19:49 pm »
Most of the cleaning is done by the Pre-spray and agitation process, put plenty pre-spray down, powerburst been my choice most of the time, agitate mechanical if poss, dwell 10 mins then rinse. if you use your machine correctly then there is no reason why you can not achieve the results you want.
Mark

siddeeq

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 01:29:33 am »
Thanks for all the really good tips guys...

Yes i do use pro chems chemicals...i realised recently how important pre spray is and it makes a huge difference

does anyone have experience in using one of these Sabrina Maxi machines? i take it they only have 1 vac not 2???

richie

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 06:36:35 am »
Yes the Sabrina Maxi only has 1 vac motor and its only a 2 stage motor.  To take things further you are right to be thinking of a higher spec machine.  Depending on your budget get the best you can, look for second hand machines or ex demo rather than New machines because you will get more for your money.  Dnt get anything less than 135psi with 2 x 3 stage vac motors.  Which Prochem chemicals are you currently using?

Richie.

siddeeq

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 12:17:30 pm »
Thanks richie. chems: Pure clean, and got that 'natural' one, and 'multi pro'.

Got really lucky and got this machine really cheap second hand so its probably about time i actually made some investment and got a good-ish machine...but wanted to see if i could get enough work to convince me to spend the money first with this machine you see