Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wizard

Building a long pole from a fibre Glass harris pole .
« on: January 06, 2010, 07:08:29 pm »
I have found the yellow Harris fibre glass makes a better pole. And By adding more of these F/G pole one is able to expend to a long length pole. Joined each pole with a 8 inches section of light curtain rail pole. I bonded these 8 inches section to the top of each pole I wanted to add. The Yellow Harris pole is 32 mm circumference at the bottom, just glue the joining tube of curtain rail with epoxy glue and put a layer glass chopped raven around the male top part mine and sanded it till it fits into the female section. Mine is currently 40 foot. But put the water pipe on the outside for easy removing of the modular sections.

jouk45

Re: Building a long pole from a fibre Glass harris pole .
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 07:37:06 pm »
pics please wizard

wizard

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2010, 07:42:55 pm »
Will do when weather improves and I can get my Garage open.

windowinfo

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2010, 09:44:16 pm »
 I did a similar thing with the Harris pole,
I removed the largest screw handle from a 2nd pole glued this to the but end of the 1st pole,

then on the 2nd pole, the top section ( thin bit ) cut off all fittings then covered it with scilicon and slid this into the middle section of the 2nd pole,

Keep up with me!! ???

When set the glued section of the 2nd pole slips into the glued screw fitting on the but end of the first pole, max length is approx 26-28 foot

However the only thing is,

it is a bit whippy when fully extended :-[ 

But not bad for the few jobs i have at that height.

SL-X later in the year hopefully

Tom

wizard

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 10:10:29 pm »
The first attempt was with aluminium Harris pole but because the aluminium pole is heaver it whips a lot so the changed to the fibre Glass pole and its much more stable. I use the top section of the yellow F/Glass to make a pole for ground floor use its 4/5 foot long and I used lagging as a handle as aluminium section is always cold.