Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MSTAV

Re: What does your accountant claim back for you?
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2010, 05:05:31 pm »
they will chase you for about 5 years now they know u r making money,   claim mileage its about 40p a mile for first 4000 on each van then 10p after than 

i got an aunty, who works for a company in liverpool, her company car is worth more than my house, its a choice between a 7 series bmw, porsche or something else depending on her mood, she claims for everything mileage, everything on a company credit card,  why bother using your own when u can claim it back on tax and expences

when i had my plumbing business, i got a company credit card,/ bank card, and used it for everything   that way it was a company expenses,  fuel for both cars, cloths,  small bits of shopping from asda, ie  uniforms,  washing powder to clean those uniforms,  i claimed everything,

because the tax man says,  if it is a company expense then it can be claimed back

as bad as it sounds, play stupid and go to ur local tax office and ask them what u can claim back,   i started a business with the princes trust and they set u up a meeting with the tax man, and he basically tells you how to rip them off and he said to the people in our group,  we know you will try and rip us off just dont do it stupidly,  ie  dont say u r earning £100 a week with a porsche sat on the drive

hello daz, im not picking at your post but its defo 40p on the first 10.000 miles.you could be paying too much tax yourself unless i read this wrong.
Statutory Mileage Rates
The government has established 'statutory mileage rates', which determine the acceptable amount that can be paid to an employee per mile of business travel. These rates differ depending on the vehicle used, and the number of miles for which a claim is being made. For business travel in cars, the first 10,000 miles can be paid at 40 pence per mile, and all subsequent miles at 25 pence per mile; travel on a motor cycle or bicycle, regardless of the number of miles travelled, can be paid at 20 and 40 pence per mile respectively