Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mark.laycock1@ntlw

what are the benfits of
« on: December 27, 2009, 03:55:18 pm »
hi all,

with all you that use wfp you have details of benfits for using a wfp. are the same benfits for using a gutter vac? without the water use?
mark

drive surgeon

Re: what are the benfits of
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 05:31:13 pm »
yes mark i use a wfp. its so you dont need laddrrs.

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 06:00:02 pm »
where can i get the write on the wfp then?
mark

drive surgeon

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 04:43:13 pm »
how do you mean mark?  why do you want to write on it?  i suppose a marker pen would do if you weant to write your business name on it???  ???

drive surgeon

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 04:47:56 pm »
mark have you seen the oppurtunity to make a kiiling jet washing roofs.?? they get full of moss etc. i have seen a few around lately charging a few hundred for roof washing.

J-W-C

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 01:22:06 am »
mark have you seen the oppurtunity to make a kiiling jet washing roofs.?? they get full of moss etc. i have seen a few around lately charging a few hundred for roof washing.
What is needed for this as in the right gear, have the pw, ect

cleaner-exteriors

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 04:24:27 pm »
ladders, possibly cherry picker and god insurance ;)

drive surgeon

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 06:11:31 pm »
yeah good point  ;)

stevef78

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 10:32:18 pm »
What is needed for this as in the right gear, have the pw, ect
me and richywilts have recently setup a buisness doing this and all you need is 6 mtr cat ladders and maybe an easy deck or walkway depending on how you feel,no real need for harness etc jst depends how comfortable you are on roofs,and minding not to chip to many tiles,also it aint as easy as it looks...good luck though,also you could do with a cpl of 13hp pressure washers,gutter vac for getting all the mess up and a fair few tarpaulins

drive surgeon

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 10:37:42 am »
sounds hard work tho  ???

gutterman

Re: what are the benfits of New
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 11:39:20 am »
Two friend of mine operate businesses  and have fitters working for them- one fits upvc products and the other cavity wall insulation, both have been challenged by Hse and have had prohibitions notices issued.
Some of the lads have been stood on flat roofs 6m high but because they had no guard rails or scaffold or safety equipment to resist a fall they have fallen foul of safe working.
One of them has challenged why they have been pulled when the white van man and his ladders are getting away with it, they have been informed no one will get away with it.
They have all the equipment , but have still been picked up
They have both had to attend court and are awaiting judgement.
Risk assessments are key on every job
Hse are in full flow and are pulling up companys for unsafe working methods, i would say just standing on a roof without harnesses or protection  will land you in trouble.
Just look at Hse prohibition notices issued and it will open your eyes

Safety first above cost- at all times

extract from Hse Website issued against a company operating in this field

"served for lack of edge protection (guardrails or scaffold ) to perimeter of pitched roof and flat roof"

Notice served for working on roof without suitable and sufficient perimeter edge protection(guardrails or similar) to prevent fall laible to cause personal injury,in contravention of HSAW 1974 Sections 2,3 and WAHR 2005 Section 6(3) and 10