Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

www.mrgutters.co.uk

what to do?
« on: June 10, 2005, 07:16:58 pm »
 hi all

i did a tenancy clean  in a 6bed house 2 kitchens 6 batrooms and i under quoted £265 .. this place was dirty though there was food running down walls and cabinets , the floors had food on them , dust that was so thick looked like a carpet ..you wouldnt think people lived here .. myself and my cousin cleaned it from 2:00pm - 9:00 pm and i went back this morning to finish up.for two hours thats 16 man hours so way underpriced , so rang him for my money he said his wwife aint happy with some windows and some draws werent clean inside .. she never cleaned it when she lived there now they wont pay so i have to return tomorow .. its becoming a nightmare

what shuold i do

shawn :'( :'( :'( :'(
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

replacement

Re: what to do?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 07:40:04 pm »
Cry?

Go back tomorrow and see what the issues are and correct them. Then if there still refuse to pay give them 30days to pay then another 7days warning of court action then take them to court for non payment. Add the court fee to the total thou.

I usally give them a Quto with T&C if its over £200 and they sign for that and then sign for completed job this is my proof they where happy and I did the job, never had any problems doing it this way.

Justin

Old_Master

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2005, 07:46:08 pm »
I would ask for at least £200 from them before you do any more work- say you need to pay your helper or buy cleaning fluids etc.- this way at least you wont get knocked for all the money.
Next ask for a written list of what further work they say needs doing now ask for extra money I dont think you could get a lot more so ask for £35.00 to make the total up to £300. Tick the list as you do the extra work they are demanding and get them to confirm they are happy at each stage before moving on to the next task.
Put it down to experiance
We all make mistakes with pricing jobs
Glyn

www.mrgutters.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 08:05:20 pm »
the other quotes were over £500 for this job my dad does work for this bloke and he told him

shawn

you will not believe how dirty this place was i found a fish carcass in the oven ... it was a mess

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
If a job's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

rosskesava

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2005, 08:25:43 pm »
Hi Shawn

If you can remember it write out quite a detailed report of the state of the place before you began, the actual work you done and the time spent doing it.

I had similar a few years ago which was for a landlord and he also complained that this was not done and that was not done etc etc.

He expected to do about 6 to 8 hours more work for free.

I wrote a 4 page A4 report and sent it to him (recorded delivery) along with a request for payment stating that my charges were reasonable for the actual work done and that if he did not pay within a reasonable time scale then I'd be using the small claims court.

I heard nothing from him for 3 weeks so I sent another copy along with an uncompleted small claims court form.

He then sent me a cheque about a week later.

If you feel you've done a reasonable job then ask for extra payment because of the time factor which was a consideration for the original quote.

I hope that is of use to you.

Cheers

Ross

texas girl

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2005, 05:00:19 am »
Again; this comes down to agreed upon services and even  itemizing each task/expectation.

I strongly urge an itemized list and charges for the services before anything is done.

Lack of communication of expectations from both parties can be a nightmare! :o

I have learned the hard way; but I remember! 8)

Hugs,

Texas Girl :-*
Debbie

s.hughes

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2005, 02:05:39 pm »
Hi Shawn
Keep calm mate I know just how you feel. I started up a new cotract on office cleaning, but I didnt know as they hadnt told me that they were going bust. Durring the 1st month I went on holiday and had to get cover for this job which was to my expense. After 2 months of work and not yet any payment I get a letter through from solicetors telling me they were going bust.
The actual outcome was that I was paid the full amount, infact they overpayed with a cheque. When they found out they asked me to return the cheque so that they could rewrite one on the proper amount. At this I said no I would put it in the bank and when it is cleared I would return the extra, which I did. No way would I trust them to rewrite a cheque.
Thing is this took time and durring this time I got really annoyed and felt like burning the place down, which I must stress I would never do, just felt so annoyed and helpless.
Anyway keep onto them and let them know that you are out of pocket as you have had to pay for help. Also stress that you did really under price the work and that you still kept to the price and did the job. Even meet them at the property, go through the problems and get them sorted there and then.
Hope it works out.

Steveyboy

dustycorner

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2005, 07:14:44 pm »
Hi Shawn,

Sorry to hear about your predicament we all get clients who shift the goal posts from time to time. After experiencing it myself  i now do 2 things

A. take a digital camera with me everywhere before & after photos

B. Client signs off a completion sheet on final day of clean stating satisfaction with the job done.

A agreed specification prior is essential as well.

Stand your ground with the client, rectify any complaint you feel is justified

Good luck Cheers Mark.