Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim_77

Truckmount descaling
« on: December 04, 2009, 04:34:40 pm »
Just interested in how ppl descale their machines.

Because of a complete failure in customer service, I've been left running on hard water and I reckon my brand new machine (35 hours on it) needs descaling now after doing most of a working week without softener salt.

I have a descaler product called Phos (from clover products) which is 28% phosphoric acid.  Is this safe?  What else do ppl use?  I know HM do and acid free descaler but how does it compare?

ta

Jim_77

Re: Truckmount descaling
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 04:37:37 pm »
also, i guess you don't just pour it in the water tank but have to use the header in some way?  Would need another bluewave owner to run me through procedure I think seems as alltec can't be bothered to answer me

carpetmas5

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 04:44:16 pm »
Prochem & Hydramaster both do a good desaler, half empty the header tank then pour in your descaler take a solution line take the end off put this into the tank, turn off the pump from clean water tank then start up run for 20 mins then flush with clean water. or you can phone me 07860634065 Martin

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 04:47:24 pm »

I find Hydramaster Clear Water Rinse good, and economic too.
I also keep CWR in a 25 litre container, ready mixed, so I can acid rinse after high ph stuff like Powerburst.

Nigel_W

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 05:02:56 pm »
Jim,

I have a Thermalwave.

Firstly i have installed a water softener in the garage with a seperate tap for filling the TM. Much better way of doing it.

That said, I have also used Prochem Truckmount Descaler. The instructions are on the label. But basically it goes in the header tank and you allow it to circulate through the system and then rinse out.

I think you are probably over reacting. It is unlikely that there will be much scale after 35 hours so there is plenty of time to order some descaler.

I will pm you my mobile no - you can contact me if you think there are any Blueline related questions I may be able to help you with.

Nigel

Jim_77

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 05:13:40 pm »
Thanks for the replies chaps.

Nigel, with all due respect to you I don't think I'm over reacting, I have very hard water in my area - a brand new kettle will start scaling up from the first time I use it, so I can only imagine what's going on inside my heat exchangers etc...

I've used about 1200 litres of water since I backflushed my softener only to realise I had nothing in the salt pot to recharge it with.

The job I did today I was on 150ft and couldn't get it hot, my ninja runs hotter on its in-tank heater.  3 weeks ago I couldn't touch the wand because it was scorching my skin!

I'm having to crank it up to 350psi now whereas before 250psi was plenty.  there's no longer that satisfying POP and a puff of steam when I open the wand valve, it's more like a phut and squirt.

Surely that's telling me something ???

Doug Holloway

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 05:19:42 pm »
Hi Guys,

Last time I did mine, Blueline Cobalt, I used 1l of white vinegar in 2/3 empty header tank.

I circulated for 5 min and then turned off machine. Left for 40 mins and repeated process, then thoroughly flushed through, seemed to work really well and machine heated like a dream afterwards.

White vinegar is acetic acid, you could use stronger acid such as hydrochoric but are much mopre likely to damage seals. Alltec used phosphoric when they did mine, I prefer acetic beacause it's less acidic but will take longer.

I also put a Calgon tablet in the tank every couple of days to keep limescale down.

Cheers

Doug

richie

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 05:57:37 pm »
It is advisable to run the descaler through all the solution hoses that you use.  Connect all your hoses together, attach one end to your high pressure outlet and the other end to your fresh water inlet. You may need to modify your fitting to do this.  Half empty your header tank and add the descaler as per instructions. Run the tm upto full temp for about 20 mins. Allow this to stay in your system for a couple of hours or overnight.  The disconnect from the fresh water inlet, attach your wand, start the machine and press the trigger on wand for about 5 minutes. This will ensure complete flushing of the HX system & hoses.  One thing you will have to do after this is complete is to check ALL the water filters on your truckmount.

Richie.

David Ware

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 08:53:35 pm »
Jim have been adding Hydramaster Clear Water rinse, about 300ml in the holding tank on a regular basis helps keep the complete system working a lot better. Also every now and then do a de scale.