Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JSMC

Corals bookies lost today
« on: November 05, 2009, 05:24:59 pm »
getting more and more common to be losing work to clenaing companies. Woman in shop told me the cleaners have also been told to stop. Seemingly they have worked the shop for years. Shame but it seems any large chain will now go to the big boys it seems.

also in scotland it seems the big boys dont wanna pay for licences eithe. The little guy like me  and others are the ones who the polic elook for yet it is us who all hold licences.

irony is the guys who clean all the police stations and the scottish parliament building dont have them ye they pull us up. Also Job centres are another.Thinking of contacting local councillor and local paper to highlight the double standards

gisbyr

Re: Corals bookies lost today
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 05:34:49 pm »
contact them it wont harm anything ive had same problems as you

telboy

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 05:47:01 pm »
I had the same problem
2 branches of Paddy Power went to a national company :(

daz1977

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 06:11:28 pm »
who thinks it is the one off dragons den  uk commecial cleaning

scud

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:50:02 pm »
  Odds on you would lose them.

Sorry, will get my coat!

Archer

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 10:49:43 pm »

I lost Coral bookmakers myself.

Usual crap

simon smith50

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 10:57:18 pm »
we lose the jobs to the big boys who cannot cover the work and then we get a call from the big boy asking us to cover the local area jobs that we had before , when we ask money they say there is little for us , less than we were getting on our own before we lost the work , why try and fix something that was not broken in the first place , all big boy b.s
and we're told thats business
b@@@@cks
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way

daz1977

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 08:59:45 am »
simon

but that seems to be the trend these days, lose jobs to big boys, then sub contact to the big boys on less money that original done job for,  even if people got together and said dont sub contract, some newbie would pick it up thinking great got a big contract, did it for a few weeks didnt make any money tried getting out of contract, but wouldnt be able to ( a bit like tesco do)  then think wc dont make money and that a bookies is only worth 8 quid, so a house should be 4 quid, starts driving down the price,   in the mean time the big boys pick up all the contracts as they can afford to  be on 90 days payment, but deliver a crap job as the have to rush to get them all in

martinsadie

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 09:39:32 am »
i thought you would have know where bookies are involved there is only ever one winner  ;D ;D

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 11:44:57 am »
Lol i like it  ;D

gisbyr

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2009, 07:44:53 pm »
you are right though alot more contracts especially in my area are becoming where they want in ide cleaning as well as windows so its harder. So start a cleaning busines???

macmac

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2009, 03:07:23 pm »
This went through my mind when people on here were congratulating the "dragons den" team. I couldn't understand it as to me it's obvious that the smaller outfit will lose out to them.

Rather than admire them etc. we should be ready for battle, rest assured they'll be scouring the whole country snapping up any signature at any cost!!!!!

Personally, I hope they go under. A few may get rich while many will work for peanuts! Plus I can't stand Duncan Banatyne.

I wish them all the worst!!

Anyone else feel the same?

daz1977

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2009, 04:57:17 pm »
i hope they go bust, like you said take any contract they can, for peanuts,,  before you know they will be handing out a licence to clean the shop windows in town centre and they will only hand out one and it will be to duncan,  as they will be the offical approved windows cleaning contract for councils

they will end up get the contracts for hospitals as one big contract

it will end up like the building trade, just a few big companys on the big jobs as these will offer 90 day payments and cheap rates just to get contracts and put people out of business,  jobs that you might be getting payed 30 per hour for now, some bloke will be doing for 6 quid soon

people might laugh, but i was a plumber in liverpool and seen compnays miss out on contratcs becasue they could not afford to wait 90 days to get payed, they end up working for the company on a hourly rate  skilled carpenters and plumbers on 9 per hour,  with commmercial there will always be some one there ready to undercut you