Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bretney

How much Protecta-Kote for a VW T4
« on: October 31, 2009, 03:06:42 pm »
Hi all
Go easy on me as this is my first post. How much Protecta-Kote for a VW Transporter T4 is needed to cover the floor and half way up the sides and has anybody got any tips?

Thank you all
Bretney

LWC

Re: How much Protecta-Kote for a VW T4
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 03:28:17 pm »
i used a 4 litre tin for my vivaro and did half way up the sides. A friend of mine sprayed it for me, worked a treat and half the time.

RO-Sheen

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 03:29:23 pm »
Hi Bretney

I have Renault Traffic. It recommends you use 2 or 3 coats but rather than wasting the leftovers you might as well keep layering the coats on. Just the one tin will do. I think I got about 4 or 5 coats out of it.
You don't need to go half way up the sides, 3 inches up from the floor will be plenty. The idea of it is to protect the floor from puddles of corrosive DI water so not likely to need it half way up the floor. The odd splash on the sides isnt going to do any damage

Adie
Formerly known as GARGAAX

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2009, 03:46:45 pm »
Done my Nissan Primastar last weekend, used about 3 litres ( 2 coats ) get the 4 litre kit, comes with rollers and brushes, very easy to use and good finish. The only problem is the smell its still after a week, takes about 2 weeks for smell to go.
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

Bretney

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 07:07:27 pm »
Cheers Adie
Do you use masking tape for the sides and then paint up to them?

Done my Nissan Primastar last weekend, used about 3 litres ( 2 coats ) get the 4 litre kit, comes with rollers and brushes, very easy to use and good finish. The only problem is the smell its still after a week, takes about 2 weeks for smell to go.

DM
When you finished the first coat how long did you give it to dry before applying the top coat?
Cheers chaps

Bretney

RO-Sheen

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2009, 07:17:53 pm »
spot on, Masking tape up a couple of inches and paint up to it.
Regarding time between each coats, It was nearly 4 years since I did but I think I left it about 12 hours to dry (this was in Febuary) definately would be dry in 24 hours but just check it with your hand. It will dry hard with a slight spring in if you push your nail into it.
I think it will say on the tin anyway or you could look on the protecta-cote website

Adie
Formerly known as GARGAAX

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2009, 11:34:05 pm »

DM
When you finished the first coat how long did you give it to dry before applying the top coat?
Cheers chaps

Bretney
First coat 4pm Saturday , second coat 8am next morning, dry enough next morning to put stuff back in van
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk