Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Blue Frog Systems

Giving customers 6 months worth of window cleaning dates ?
« on: August 19, 2009, 10:47:16 pm »
I'm sending out a letter to all my customers. Various points, but was wondering what you guys thought about giving them 6 months worth of dates. Basically a list of when there window cleans will take place.

I've had over 20 jobs this month cancel because of holidays. They are either letting me know once I have sent the reminder the night before or just not bothered at all.

Thoughts on a postcard please :)
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Re: Giving customers 6 months worth of window cleaning dates ?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 10:53:17 pm »
vista print do business cards that you can get a calendar on the back. I was thinking of getting some done, then hi-lite the dates I want to get to the cust. as long as you let them know the dates are not set in stone, but just  a guide it should work.
that said my custs are happy if i get a regular run at them ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 10:56:14 pm »
I'm sending out a letter to all my customers. Various points, but was wondering what you guys thought about giving them 6 months worth of dates. Basically a list of when there window cleans will take place.

I've had over 20 jobs this month cancel because of holidays. They are either letting me know once I have sent the reminder the night before or just not bothered at all.

Thoughts on a postcard please :)

One week of terrible wheather and your 6 months calender will be useless, and will give you nothing but a headache.

martinsadie

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 11:02:40 pm »
what about if you fall sick or have family problems

mci services

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 11:08:26 pm »
why send out reminders at all just turn up and clean. if there is access problems do what you can do and charge accordinally. unless they are great customers that pay loads, on time, and dont mess you about i wouldnt send reminders never mind when i am comming for the next six months

Sean Dyer

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 11:09:16 pm »
just arrange whether they are 4 weekly etc, then turn up clean, leave note, collect or recieve cheque simples - dont make it more hard work than it has to be :)

I have one lady i phone before, she opens gate and puts money in account before ive been :)

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 11:11:59 pm »
or if they are just canceling the one clean, just bump them back a month and don't worry about it.

pingu

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 02:36:36 pm »
I run a scheduled service and have done so since OCT 06 and when a customer is cleaned they get a card with their next date on it which is 8 weeks to the day...

As with all things...if something comes up..reschedule...hey I have rescheduled 2 days work this week to this friday and next monday...

Obviously running a system like this requires thinking and not having a round so full your cannot reschedule your work.

Cheers
Dave.