Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Trevor Knight

Re: Not today thanks, looks like rain again !!
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 08:11:18 am »
Do Sky, BT, Southern Electric, Gas Companies, Insurance Companies let little old lady's in a flat have their services without signing a contract?
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

s.hughes

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 08:13:46 am »
Do Sky, BT, Southern Electric, Gas Companies, Insurance Companies let little old lady's in a flat have their services without signing a contract?
i wouldnt have thought that commercial would have to sign anything. its common that w/c would clean them in the rain. i've never had any probs with commercial and rain. no harm in having something in writing though

Londoner

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 08:15:33 am »
Leopards do not change their spots and awkward customers will always remain awkward.

This is looking like a very established pattern of behaviour. Not today because it MIGHT rain? Oh come on.

Customers either fit the profile or they don't. Some don't. Getting them to sign an agreement isn't going to change anything.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 08:19:08 am »
At the end of the day w/c can run their businesses whichever way they feel is best for them. I changed my way of operating about 8 years ago having suffered the previous 10 years with excuses, apologise, let downs etc............

trevor povey

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 08:41:04 am »
Customers thoughts are set in stone about window cleaners working in rain... and can you blame them we,ve been telling them over the last 40 years this is the reason why were a bit late this month ;)

Trevor Knight

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 08:45:24 am »
That maybe what some window cleaners say, I personally dont!

I once tried to say to my mortgage company sorry I cant pay my mortgage this month, weathers been a bit wet, they didn't have the slightest interest, hence my change of opinion!

Besides, lets be honest, clean a window in the rain, maybe your own window, then see when the rain stops the standard of the clean, it's just as good??

I read posting after posting of people on here complaining they are behind on their work, it's raining, no money etc.......well keep cleaning through the rainy days and perhaps there will be less postings of misery?

Londoner

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 09:50:24 am »
Yes thats what I do mean. On the whole I believe that you may appear to change their minds but deep down inside they will always be the same old grumpy/ awkward/ difficult customer they have always been.

Over many years I have come to the conclusion that if the shoe doesn't fit then they ain't Cinderella.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 11:03:49 am »
A lot of how your customers behave reflects on how you run your business?

Clean on the 1st (example) allowed 7 days to pay and then 1st phonecall, 7 days later, and reminder letter, 7 days after this recorded delivery letter + Interest charges and an admin fee.

Exceptions - Holiday or Illness, otherwise we make our customers tow the line!

Harsh some of you may say, but I run a strict business, customers expect us to turn up, expect a good service, expect reliability.....................all I ask is if we meet their expectations I expect PROMPT payment.

This is why all our customers sign Terms & Conditions.

charlton

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 05:32:31 pm »
hi trevor - would it be possible to be sent a copy of the terms and conditions form you ask customers to sign so i can get a rough idea of how to word / lay out my own please

my email is carl-charlton@hotmail.com

would really apperiate and totally agree with your post this business not pleasure
CARL MICHAEL CHARLTON

kenaltobelli

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 06:15:12 pm »
  just go back when its convienient to you as a fill in when it suits you and if he asks where have
  you been tell him strait ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 08:56:58 pm »
Thats what a guy said to me as i pulled up,... it was not raining...

i tried to quickly explain the benefits of wfp even with the rain,

"i will just ask my wife then bud, "....he said

he came back out and said ..no , dont bother this time....

it really annoys me... its now the third time this guy has knocked me back in 8 months....

now i know some of you guys get praised by the customer for turning up in the rain....

i have never had that.... and in this case..it had rained, and stopped.

i also know its up to the customer to say leave it... its their house, and they pay....

but it annoys me , and i want to dump him...

What do you guys think?

Gary.
Dont dump him, just charge him more on the next clean, when he asks why and he will rely with this:
We came to clean your windows and you said not this time and we charge more for every other time as there is more dirt takes longer and we have to find another customer to fill half a place on our rounds, there is no reason why your window cannot be cleaned on a rainy day and should you cancel again at the door we will charge for a front only clean if turned away. (he will either fall in line or cancel, I very rare cancel people

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 06:45:46 pm »
Hi ian how are you?
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.