Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nextline cleaning

elite dl carpet and upholstery cleaner
« on: July 03, 2005, 04:15:12 pm »
Hi all

I am still looking for my first machine.
Does anyone have any experince of using the elite dl, is it a good machine?
How much should i expect to pay for one, have found one for 560 pounds which comes with a upholstery attachment.

Thanks in advance
Nextline Group Cardiff

dave401uk

Re: elite dl carpet and upholstery cleaner
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 05:49:52 pm »
I ran an elite DL for a long time yrs ago, a very good machine, it was built by Ashcombe distributors, sadly no longer around, this machine is a single vac, i think, a little out of date, and i think at the price you mention, a tad expensive,

Dave
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 06:30:16 pm »
Hi Guys,

The Elite DL was a copy of the old Extracta.

Lloyd Owens of Ashcombe used to sell Extracta and managed to get the plans which he copied.

This machione would probably be 10 years old and not worth £500 in my opinon.

cheers,

Doug

williamx

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2005, 06:31:49 pm »
I had one about 17 years ago worked alright then but would't compete in todays market, what you need is machine with more power if you try ebay there are several on at the moment which are quite good.

rodcope

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 04:08:33 pm »
The elite is old and probably well used. The fibreglass case may be crazed and cracked -------not a good investment, Increase your budget if at all possible, my first secondhand machine cost a years salary thats the equivilant of about £15,000 in todays money but I still consider it a good investment. If you bcannot stretch to £1300 then consider buting a smaller new machine fopr domestic work only see the express website.