Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dsdearlove

new website
« on: July 27, 2009, 12:31:52 pm »
Hey,

I've just developed new website for my mums business, let me know what you think? Good and Bad.

I designed the logo as well.

If you anybody would like logo/website/SEO related services let me know, I might be able to help.

www.cleaninghero.com

Cheers

Nathanael Jones

Re: new website
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 12:59:26 pm »
I like it!

dsdearlove

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 01:16:06 pm »
Thanks, took me a while.

Now working on the SEO side.

Already got blog, RSS Feeds, sitemaps and google analyctics setup. Thankfully I know a fair bit about it but it will take a while to get up the listings.

TIP: Add your site to googles business resource centre - It shows up on the interactive Map. *Free*

http://www.google.com/local/add?hl=en&gl=GB

Thanks again.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 01:29:32 pm »
The SEO is the important bit,.. but you seem to have that well under control!

I am looking for a logo designer though,.. need some kind of logo for a Gutter Vac system. Fairly generic, but instantly recognisable,.. suitable for use on cleaners vans that already have signwriting,... something to compliment the existing logo's. If you reckon you can come up with something, drop me an e-mail,... :)

vacman

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 02:16:22 pm »
Still reading through it BUT i must pick up on the line that says "Having a clean environment not only makes it fresh and bacteria free"  :o

A bacteria free environment is not only practically impossible, but is also extremely unhealthy. I really think you should look into changing this statement as soon as you can...

vacman

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 02:18:12 pm »
Oh and well done on the spelling, but I think your spell-checker must be set to English-USA. Also there are the odd few punctuation errors, but nothing compared to some of the sites we see  :o

dsdearlove

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 02:26:09 pm »
Yes, I know i've only just uploaded the site and still sections missing altogether!

Thanks for spotting the mistakes appreciate it, yes i think my spell checker is US format and I went to college over there, so I really need to kick the habit.

I've scanned over for grammar but yes i know some mistakes i've spotted couple myself and made notes to fix it.

The saying yes i know, i wasn't to sure myself about it, you need bacteria to help build up your immune system. I did think about re-wording it but didn't think customers would take it so seriously. I'll change it. My blogs in german so please excuse that.  ;)

vacman

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 02:46:30 pm »
Hi, i'm not sure what you mean about "customers not taking it so seriously"  ??? I thought the whole point of a website was to sell yourself and be taken very seriously? I'm not nit-picking, i am asking the question. I do consider it (the bacteria bit) to be a general-knowledge point and not something only known by cleaners and the cleaning profession. Maybe i am being picky now, but when I read it, it made me wonder what the company i was reading about did know about cleaning...in otherwords, it had the reverse effect to what i hope you're after.

dsdearlove

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 02:57:09 pm »
No it's fine I agree with what your saying and i'll change it, well my mums the real cleaner although i've worked with her and at an health club (inhouse) also.

I'm very much a programmer/developer/designer.  ;D

What I meant when not so seriously is that sayings get thrown around all the time which are ...well impossible i.e ill give 101% percent.

But yes of course we want to look professional (taken seriously), so would be good idea to re-word it....any ideas?

vacman

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2009, 03:00:02 pm »
yes, dont mention bacteria full-stop,unless you have to. Thats my opinion / suggestion. See, even though i just said that i believe it to be common knowledge that you can't live 'bacteria free', i also think that people dont really like the idea that cleaning is about 'managing' and 'controling' levels of dirt and bacteria etc and not removing it all hook, line, and sinker.

dsdearlove

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 03:06:05 pm »
Well it really depends on the service, when we deep clean restaurants cleanliness levels play a vital part and everything is recorded. It might appear to be clean but we don't know for sure until we test it fully.

With office cleaning you empty bins, hoover, mop etc etc and its less about the grind.

dianegreenwood

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 03:07:28 pm »
Hi dsdearlove

I like your site a lot its clutter free and 'clean', which surprisingly is not always the case with other cleaning companies.  

We're local to you but the only area where we overlao is North Leeds (Roundhay, etc), however we do not undertake any commercial cleaning in that area so if your Mum is interested in having a chat about how we can help each other - i.e. me pass on commercial work and her pass on domestic work, then ask her to give me a call on 01937 520356 or send me an email via my website.

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

vacman

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 03:15:22 pm »
Well it really depends on the service, when we deep clean restaurants cleanliness levels play a vital part and everything is recorded. It might appear to be clean but we don't know for sure until we test it fully.

With office cleaning you empty bins, hoover, mop etc etc and its less about the grind.

No, i meant dont mention it on the website unless you have to.

dsdearlove

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 03:27:37 pm »
Thanks Diane

I'll certainly mention it, I know we have turned down domestic work in the past, although not much. We sometimes have the company owners or building owners wanting us to clean for them personally.

I think it's good idea. I've always tried to persuade the others to crack the domestic market, but no one is keen, harder to manage and difficult requirements sometimes, under scrunity more.

Although its market which is just going to keep growing...people are living longer and have more disposable income, people want to spend their time doing things their enjoy.

Buckethead

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 07:46:29 am »
I like it too, very professional appearance.

I especially like the map with West Yorkshire flashing away.
The trouble with a lot of people nowadays and particularily on sign written vans is that they put their web address and phone but not the town/city they are from.

The map instantly shows where you are, saves a lot of time on queries from say the south coast etc and gets the people who need you interested as they can see you are in their area.

dsdearlove

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2009, 09:33:09 am »
Thanks.

Yes the image is just a simple GIF image, takes 5 minutes if that to implement. I avoid using Flash at all costs I think it can look really amateurish sometimes.

If anybody thinking of having website let me know, I might be able to do it.

cheers for the comments

martin19842

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2009, 12:15:47 pm »
hi there

have you validated the coding through w3c, for the css and the xhtml, as i am led to believe that the googlebot, reads it all, and is looking for the easiest read, with regards to rankings, etc

the reason why i ask, as i have spent the past day and a half with web and email designers, to have a new website built, and email marketing sysyem as well.

i personally think it al depends what you are actually looking to achieve with your website, whehter you are looking to provide information for a potential client, as an online brochure, so that they then call you for mor info and a quote, or whehter you are using it as a hard sell shop window.

so good luck keep going

regards

martin

martin19842

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 12:20:10 pm »
hi there

an idea for you,

on yout home page you have a section to request a call back, this then links through to the data capture page,

why dont you put a  data capture, name, phone number, email, on the haome page and the other pages, it then reduces their requirement to click through to another page.

you may get more data capture from that method. once you have got them on the phone then you can start to sell all of your services, but more importantly they are then talking to you and not filling a form., so that you then start to sell yourself to them
regards

martin

dsdearlove

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 12:55:07 pm »
Yes I did consider putting a contact form on the landing page, I still might.....I have analytics in place if I see that people are landing and not clicking through to the contact page I will do it then.

At minute its only one click (maybe one more than it should be), but I also wanted to keep the design consistent. I didn't want to overload the landing page, to make it look unprofessional, hopefully people will look through the site once landed.

The bounce rate so far is low, although it's too early to get an accurate reading.

Thanks for the suggestion.

martin19842

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 01:17:19 pm »
hi there

thats alright, ive got another meeting this afternoon with a compnay pitching for our work,

although i have done websites in the past, some of these guys now seem to be really switched on with it.

regards

martin