Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

holmesclean

VACUUM FOR STAIRS
« on: June 30, 2009, 03:32:05 pm »
We have to quote for the communal clean of a luxuary flat complex. The stairs which are all fairly wide are all carpeted.
What vacuum do you recommend?
I already use a SEBO BS36 in one of my other cleans and this is a lovely vacuum but when moving it the bottom part invariably comes away. If it wasn't for this I would be tempted to purchase another one.
Regards

Tom
Tom

Re: VACUUM FOR STAIRS
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 03:54:39 pm »
I dont think ut matter what vacuum cleaner you use as long as it has good suction and cleans well.

We use Truxox their tubs but we have entra length hoses, (purchased seperately) on them so the tubs can wait at the bottom of the stair while you work your way up them to the top easily covers 15 stair treds before you have to collect the vacuum cleaner.

Hope this helps

Dave

simoncollins

Re: VACUUM FOR STAIRS
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 03:57:49 pm »
Tom,

The Sebo BS36 is a very good vac although how about using a backpack vac for stairs? I think these are safer to use on stairs especially battery powered (no trailling cables etc) although the battery powered ones tend to be quite expensive.

You can get a mains version for around £160 and they usually have powerful motors with excellent airflow of around 50 l/sec.

Simon
Simon