Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steven842

sash & case HEADACHE!!!
« on: May 29, 2009, 01:18:29 pm »
Folks i've been doing commercial wfp on upvc sash and case windows for some time now easy enough .

i've just finnished a big old house with dirty sash and case windows took ages to do once the windows were dry i noticed they were covered in putty stains ......... wtf??   what am i doing wrong ?? my water is 000ppm i didnt really scrub too hard on the windows with the brush so cant understand whats went wrong ????

I think i may of been better scaling a ladder for this one .... :o

steve  :)

Re: sash & case HEADACHE!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 02:04:04 pm »
Sure its not fairy?

LWC

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 02:05:51 pm »
And they werent there before ?

steven842

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 02:32:07 pm »
deff not fairy  .. the windows were filthy  but now covered in oily stains . is there any procedure i should of done to avoided this ??

steve

AJ

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 04:48:34 pm »
they may have had the sashes eased, and they oiled them, so when you brush the edges it gets on your brush and then on the windows. check your brush before you do any more windows, smell it or rub it with kitchen paper to see if its greasy.

GWCS

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 05:09:05 pm »
Maybe a case of sealant or putty oils on the window.

It will be a ladder job, or leaning out the sash windows backwards (old stylee), with oil remover.

WFP is not the answer here, you need some real window cleaning techniques on that :D

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 07:33:49 pm »
Has someone replaced a lot of glass and left putty hand prints everywhere?

steve a

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 09:13:35 pm »
Had a head office like this once, done it for years, and still do it.

Turned up for the bi-monthly clean, usually a doddle and proceeded to go into robot mode.
 Poled all windows twice across rinsed and then went inside (we are talking 2hours worth of poling here)

Got inside and 1st window was a mess and 2nd and 3rd nearly every window was smeared.
 Asked facilities manager if anyone had been at the windows recently and he replied, "Oh yes we had the windows serviced just the other day and they oiled all the hinges etc with WD40, don't they work a treat now!"
I got the ladders off and spent the next 4 hours going over every window with the old fairy and squodge.
 Moral, check as you go.

Hope they come up OK.