Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

from edge2edge

thermadry
« on: July 04, 2009, 07:50:54 am »
I was just wondering if anybody who had a truckmount for regular work used a thermadry for flats etc and if so what are their experiences and basically can the shortcomings be overcome.Any thoughts guys/gals   Alan(swindon)

davep

Re: thermadry
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 08:06:12 am »
I have a tm and a thermady but only use the thermadry on low profile office tiles.  I think Clinton uses pads a lot though?

from edge2edge

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 08:16:19 am »
Morning Dave i have a restaurant carpet to do tomorrow which has come up quite good with microsplit pre spray then envirodri sponges agitated by a host freestyle.I am going in their to try out the thermadry to see if the results are better and last longer.I have hired the machine initially to use this as a test of its(and mine) capabilitlies.The cost of thes sponges(even though i get a v.good deal) still makes the job not very profitable so if the new method works i make more money.Regards Alan

Doug Holloway

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 08:33:13 am »
Hi Alan

I have the Texatherm and it works well on low profile but is heavy to take up stairs and I would't use it on flats unless there is a lift !

You should find the Thermadry works better than the Host on the restaurant.

Cheers

Doug

robert meldrum

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 09:13:54 am »
Agree about the weight of the Tex' which is why I gave up on mine. Now use a Truvox which is a bit lighter and does the same job.

When I first used the rotary method I was astonished at the results

By using biodegradable or encap products the result should be as long lasting as any other method.

There are new pads which I understand give excellent results on longer pile carpets but still to come across the pond.

from edge2edge

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 09:18:05 am »
Thanks for the replies guys Jon and i are doing the job sunday night so will let you know how we get on.Regards Alan(swindon)

JS2

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 09:43:55 am »
Alan

Good luck with the Thermadry.  Just a quick question - what microsplitter do you use with the dry method sponges ?

Pete (JS2)

from edge2edge

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 09:58:52 am »
Craftex

from edge2edge

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2009, 03:50:43 pm »
Dave i will be putting m/s down agitating it them following up with the thermadry with catalyst on the pad so will let you know the results.Regards Alan(swindon)

from edge2edge

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 08:55:54 am »
Dave the restaurant lights were very poor even when on the brightest setting so the picture wouldnt have done it justice.The carpet came up really well with the m/s agitate then thermadry with catalyst on it.The key seems to be do an area when it is still fairly wet with the m/s i was working with my mate Jon so we got a good routine going.Anyway it did the job with a very low product cost compared to even envirodry sponges and m/s which is what i was using with my host freestyle.   Regards Alan(swindon)