Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Fieldsy

Newbies, reassurance, keep plugging away :)
« on: May 10, 2009, 10:00:05 pm »
Having started about 4 1/2 months ago with 4500 flyers (which only produced 4 customers!!!), we persevered with a bit of door knocking and gained our first customer for £9 every two weeks. We realised this wasn't going to put us in the same category as Alan Sugar or Richard Branson.....but it was a start..lol.

Lots of good information from ppl on here and bit of a gamble on some rounds that we have bought and we now have over 400 customers.

The rounds we have bought have been reasonably low on some prices but we have raised these, given a good friendly service, been on time (weather permitting) and only lost maybe one or two because of the price increase. We intend to make it a viable efficient business and look to expand even further with the possibility in the future of maybe employing someone. We're not in it for beer money or a bit of bunce, we see this as an opportunity to make something fresh from the start and our own enterprise after being made redundant from factory work.

I, personally, have always wanted to work for myself and window cleaning has given me the opportunity to do so, and thoroughly enjoying it.

So for those newbies who DO want to persevere and establish a business for themselves and not just a few bob in the pocket, keep at it, keep looking and don't dispair it can be achieved. When we only had 10 customers-20 customers and getting a few hundred a month, it looked doom and gloom, but keeping and eye on things and asking here, there and everywhere does bring results.

This isn't a blow my own trumpet thread, because those who have answered my posts before and given me advice have seen that I've started as a newb and appreciate what a bit of hard work, thought and commitment can bring.

Just loving this new venture  ;D ;D ;)

.... and yes we are a partnership (I know the idea does get flamed on here...lol), but we do get on, work well together and appreciate what both of us have been through in the past, so the idea of making it a success is a joint venture.

..oh and I just need to buy George now  ;D
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol

Johnny B

Re: Newbies, reassurance, keep plugging away :)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 10:39:56 pm »
Well done. Sincere best wishes to you, and to all who are getting their window cleaning business started.

It's hard going initially, but as you have found, it gives you a real sense of satisfaction and achievement once you are established.
John.
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Craig 72

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 10:59:45 am »
Well done mate.I started about the same time as you and it's fair to say I haven't got 400 customers yet!I have only leafletted with limited door knocking yet admittedly.I had an initial spurt of customers but finding it more and more difficult in the area I'm initially concentrating on.The difficulty is to get customers close together it seems,unless you buy a round.I've only got one road where I've got 2 customers next to each other!Looking into buying a round now,as it happens.Waiting on more details from the seller.I'm lucky in that I have other building work a few days a week to get me by but I'm hoping after a year or two I have enough window cleaning customers to just do that for a living.

pingu

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 03:27:57 pm »
Well done and good luck in the future...nice to hear a success storey in these days of doom and gloom.

Dave.

Fieldsy

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 08:00:03 pm »
Thanks for the encouragement ppl. Nice to hear it.......and got another 4 custys today :)    Things are looking up at last 8)
If Carlsberg made window cleaners....I'd be one of them....lol