Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nat1

Enamel baths & grubby sinks
« on: May 05, 2009, 08:42:35 pm »
Hi any advice on the best product to use to clean enamel baths? also just been to price up a new domestic & the kitchen sink which is one of those moulded into the worktops has yellowed quite a bit; was wondering if there is a particular product that could be used to get it back to the original white?

Many thanks

Nat

vacman

Re: Enamel baths & grubby sinks
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 11:10:49 pm »

the kitchen sink which is one of those moulded into the worktops has yellowed quite a bit

Many thanks

Nat

Ah, Maureen Lipman has much to say about these  ;D I do believe the surface is known as 'corian'. Never in my life have i been to a house which had them though, the property you speak of must be quite well to-do?

The Great One

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 06:48:56 am »
Hi

Depends if you want caustic or non?

I have yet to have a bad result with 'Bar Keepers friend' may take 2 treatments. Costs about £3.50 from hardware shops. Use with either a green or metal scourer, leave for a min, rinse off, repeat if necessary.

You can also use washing powder/liquid. Fill bath, add  capful, leave for a few hours and then clean.

For caustic you can use spirit of salts (acid) or good old bleach.

Regards

Martin 8)

vacman

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 10:03:38 am »
I'd reccomend giving the bath a good clean and a good rinse first if using the caustic approach, because the fumes that can be produced when the chemicals hit the body fats and the soap scum can be horrid  :o

dandandan

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 09:02:52 pm »
I`ve got corian worktops,they are a nightmare,look great but scratch too easily.I use barkeepers friend.It leaves tops dull and chalky so you have to buff them to deaf to get shine back.I then fill the metal sink with water and a drop of bleach and leave it for a while,buffing stubborn stains off with a green pad.Only got them cos you can curve the corners,should of got granite.