Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cloverleaf

What was your worst job?
« on: May 13, 2005, 09:38:29 pm »
We often carry out rental / property cleaning.

On one occasion we were asked to quote for the cleaning of a small one bed bungalow that a couple had lived in for a very long time.
The occupants had met their end, and relatives needed the place cleaning so that the property could be sold.
I am sure that no cleaning had taken place for at least 20 years :o
For example, on top of a wardrobe the dust was so thick that the water in the bucket needed changing after cleaning this one item.
The small kitchen took 6 hours to clean, (two people).
The complete job took 2 of us 18 hours!

The last herendous job I was asked to quote for was a one bed flat where a gentleman with a drink problem had lived since the 1970s.
The place had not been touched since then, I'm led to believe.
Food and fat stains down the kitchen walls, cigarett dimps still nestling in the carpets.........and well,  I'll leave the rest to your imagination.
I said to the customer (the gentlemans niece) I would not be able to let any member of staff into the flat due to health hazard, to which she fully understood.

Have any of you come accross jobs like this.........let us know.

John

Lesley

Re: What was your worst job?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 02:41:52 am »
  :) Hi John

Yes, we have done quite a few jobs where a team of 3 have been at a property for 4 to 5 days - on 2 occassions we were only cleaning the ground floor - 2.5 tonne of rubbish - let your imagination run wild and yet! you got it - everything you're stomach doesn't want to encounter!!

Great work - I love it!!

Regards

Lesleyx

Jan K

Re: What was your worst job?
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 07:26:10 pm »
Hi guys!

Not quite as bad as you previous guys, but my pal, who works for me, cleaned a 1-bed student flat once...she had 3 hours to clean and spent the first 2 hours filling bin liners! And she reckoned something had crawled into the oven and died but wasn't prepared to take the tin foil off the roasting dish that the smell was coming from!!  :o
anyone with facebook can add me at this link ...  jan 'minkeedj' kindon  .... if you can be bothered lol