Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nat1

What do you reckon now guy's
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:16:09 pm »
Hiya changed site slightly, still more changes to make but what do you think?

www.brooklandscleaningservices.com

Nat

Re: What do you reckon now guy's
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 08:31:02 pm »
Better!

Much better than it was. Now you have potential.

Dave

nat1

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 08:52:49 pm »
Thank you Dave!!

Still a way to go, what do you think of the pic's?, are the "keywords" getting there?.  Also it seems 1 long page too me, would rather have text either side rather than 1, will have to have another play around.  any other idea's, sorry for all the questions!!

Ta Nat

vacman

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 09:08:05 pm »
Well at least the spelling and punctuation is almost perfect, and there is minimal 'waffle' too. I like it, and i've seen some dreadful websites in the past.

I picked up on four things:

1) the picture at the top of the home page shows a carpet cleaner and i thought the company cleaned carpets, not domestic cleaning.

2) There is mention of vacuuming (NOT 'hoovering' which i hate hate hate!) carpets, but not of floors, not even sweeping of floors.

3) What evidence is there that areosols are more dangerous to the environment than trigger sprays?

4) There is some repetiton on the 'About us' page from the home page. I don't see the need to have it spelt out twice.

Aside from those points, its a super site.  Whilst i take on board the comments about how most sites have numerous pages, i've never seen the point as i personally get very bored very quickly if i dont see all the 'main' points straight away. Less is certainly more, I think.

nat1

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 10:39:49 pm »
Thanks Vacman, buy iv'e changed it again,before I got you reply,  so will no doubt be changing it once again, I think the blue backdrop look's more professional.  I know where your coming from with the repeating of info from the "home page" to the "about us" page but wasn't entirely sure what info to put where.

thanks for the feedback it really helps

www.brooklandscleaningservices.com

Nat

shelton

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 10:55:28 am »
Can you not use an email address that is associated to your domain name, rather than the ntl one?  Might just come across a bit more professional.

Personally, I'd embed the mail address on the homepage under the bit where you say "contact us today", or even further up the page.  If memory serves me right, you need to something like the following coded to turn it into a clickable link;

mailto:natalie.hill3@ntlworld.com

At the moment, to contact you, your prospective client has to go to the contact page and either copy & paste or type out the email address into their mail program.  You shouldn't underestimate how lazy people are!

JandS

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 02:14:00 pm »
nat

I've got mine with vista print and you can only print on the areas you have already been printing on.
That's why I upgraded to the middle package with 5 pages so I could keep all the info, or as much as possible at eye level.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

nat1

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 02:18:37 pm »
Hi John,I have got the 5 page package, im going to have a mess around on it later, still loads of things to change & add onto it.

Ta for reply

Nat

ps what do you think so far-which area's do you think need the most work on?

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 06:06:15 pm »
Hi Vacman, with an answer to your point 3

3) What evidence is there that areosols are more dangerous to the environment than trigger sprays?

The use of chlorinated fluorhydrocarbons (CFC's) for aerosol propellants (with a couple of exceptions for things like medical inhalers) has been banned in the US since 1978.

Scientists Make an Important Discovery

In 1974, Nobel prize winner Dr. F. Sherwood Rowland and his colleague Dr. Mario Molina proposed a theory that chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) damage the stratospheric ozone layer. At the time, CFCs were being used in refrigerators, air conditioners, industrial processes and as propellants for some aerosol products. The scientists were worried about the stratospheric ozone layer because it consists of a particularly active form of oxygen that filters out much of the sun’s harmful ultraviolet radiation.

Scientists continue to warn that ozone depletion will allow rising levels of ultraviolet radiation to reach the Earth’s surface, which may lead to a potential increase in skin cancer, cataracts and global warming.

Other Countries Take Action
Throughout the 1980s, several countries–including Canada, Mexico, Australia and several European nations–passed regulations banning CFC use in aerosol containers. Under the Montreal Protocol agreement, CFC propellant production was phased out as of January 1, 1996 in industrialized countries and will be phased out by 2010 in developing nations.

Now, there may be trace elements of things that could potentially harm the environment - but these would be much much less than they were. And of course, this doesn't address the stuff that is actually being

And, of course, if what you are propelling is insecticide, there may be some environmental concern about that.

However getting back to the website,

Nat, Do you offer carpet cleaning? If you do then leave the pic its fine. If not I would alter the picture. You are making reference to a service that you do not provide.

As for this by shelton

Can you not use an email address that is associated to your domain name, rather than the ntl one? Might just come across a bit more professional.

Personally, I'd embed the mail address on the homepage under the bit where you say "contact us today", or even further up the page. If memory serves me right, you need to something like the following coded to turn it into a clickable link;

mailto:natalie.hill3@ntlworld.com

At the moment, to contact you, your prospective client has to go to the contact page and either copy & paste or type out the email address into their mail program. You shouldn't underestimate how lazy people are!

Totally agree with shelton. You should get an email address with the domain name. Either have your name or sales@domainname.com, Accounts@domainname.com Look more professional.

Either have a form that they fill in or make it open up there outlook, mail client. As yes most defenitely lazy people.

Also slightly moving off subject, Your answerphone message. If they telepone you do they get bt 1571 or an answerphone message i.e. "You have reached brooklands cleaning" You have either came through to a support line or we are out of the office. Leave a message. Sounds better and Bigger!

Spam!
With your email address easy for the bots to see you may probably get alot of spam. Make sure you have a good antivirus mail checker. Just incase.

I will PM about this if you want to know how important these are. Let me know

meta name="keywords"

Dave

nat1

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 09:08:30 pm »
Hi Dave, have changed the e-mail address now to the domain name.  We have a answering service  which states our company name.

Think im slowly getting there, really appreciate all this advice of you guy's, what would we do without "Cleanitup"?

Nat

vacman

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 09:30:25 pm »
Dave, when was the last time you saw an aerosol cleaning product conataining CFC's,  on sale in this country? Also, i thought this point i mentioned was in relation to Nat's website, as thats where i saw it  ??? Cheers.

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 09:16:00 am »
Yes Vacman I totally agree, however the uneducated still think that the aresols contain CFC. But the issue is with the compressed CO2! Which we have enough of.  :)

Dave

chloejayne

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 01:32:15 pm »
Here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!  :P