Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

my first enquiry from my yell ad
« on: March 04, 2009, 08:01:00 pm »
woooo hoooooooo

ive not bothered since i began, i allways picked up work by getting recommended by customers and then posting flyers in the houses between the houses i do

a while ago on here every1 was on about advertising etc etc, so i put up a free yell ad

i had a phone call today, its about 15 mins out of my way, she then went on to ask me to give her a qoute, its got 3 windows on the front and the front door and the rear has 2 upstairs windows and a patio door

asked how much per window, i said i couldnt give her a definite price as i need to see it, she asked for a rough guide, i said 9 or 10 quid

she said " oh i wil get back to you as i am going to get 4 others prices "

made me laugh, do people allways get this from yell, i am used to people asking me for a price as mrs so-and-so recommended me  , i give them a price and they say " thats great "

ZaNo

Re: my first enquiry from my yell ad
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 08:10:43 pm »
Ya its so annoying when they say there going to compare for the sake of a quid... it costs them afew quid to ring around anyway. i had a woman today asking me to do her windows i said yes this is the price and so on we come on a regular basis and she goes oh right well dont put me down for anything yet ill see if your good or not so wait for my call if its me complaining or if im happy... ok then love... your the boss... NOT!!

Funny the other day i said ur house is going to cost £8, and he seemed happy and at the end i booked him in and he goes ok so its £8 a window and you will do the whole house yes? Lol i should have said..yeah....thats it... £8 a window... but it came as abit shock, him thinking that was a normal price so i just corrected him and told him no £8 for the whole. which he was delighted with :D

Sorry fr hijackin :(                                 8)

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 08:13:43 pm »
At least you didn't pay for it, I spent £400 in Yellow Pages a couple of years ago, what a waste of money.
Funnily enough I did one of the (4 small) jobs I got from the Yellow pages today, it's worth £14, so if I keep doing it for another year I'll be in profit  ;D

No better price than free I suppose

matt

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 08:20:34 pm »
funny enough she phoned my mobile 3 times aswell  ::)

DaveG

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 08:20:58 pm »
Ive got an ad on yell and not had a single call!
You can't polish a turd

fenclean

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 08:23:38 pm »
Good old yellow pages..... the price shoppers bible.

ftp

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 08:51:07 pm »
Yel.com seems to be visited by customers no other window cleaner wants. You turn up and they say "we just can't get a cleaner down our road" you look around and theirs is the only filthy house in the street.  :)

s.hughes

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 10:13:20 pm »
Yellow pages works but yell.com dosnt. Im on my second year with yell.com and not one call ever. I will not bother again. The salesman says that I'm getting all these hits but still nothing. My websites fine even they said that. So what he suggested was i pay a bit more and expand the advert. Yeh Right. Next year will be no thank you.

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 11:25:37 pm »
how do you go about getting on yell.com or intothe yellow pages? any idea of prices?

pjulk

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2009, 11:43:52 pm »
I have been in the yellow pages on the website and there 118 247 directory.

The first year i advertised in the yellow pages i had a small ad about £200 and got nothing from it so i thought maybe i need to go bigger so the following year got a £600 ad and all i got were price shoppers, a couple of calls from miles away and loads of people trying to sell me stuff like advertising space, insurance, phones, ect i got fed up with all the bloody salesman ringing me i gave up with the yell.

The website got me nothing and neither did there 118 247 all a waste of money.

Never again

they still ring me and i tell the its rubbish and they say well if you change the ad or whatever it will work.
Yeah right it might for them but not for me..

kenny jones

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 06:49:10 am »
I got to defend yell.com i been on nearly a year now and ad 1 job 8 months ago at £160 amonth.
I have had another yesterday quoted £65 a monthouts  and £75 every other month for inside only 2 enquirys but if i get them both i laughing.  for yell.com just make sure you have a website that punters can click straight on.

Rob_B

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2009, 07:21:30 am »
I've stopped my yellow pages ads. I was paying £360 ish a year and only got calls from areas I didn't really do or didn't want to do, so would refer them on to other cleaners I know. It took me a while to realise I was paying to advertise for other people.

br00ksy

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2009, 07:47:13 am »
I took the free ad and get about 1 -2 a month not many i know but its just another avenue to advertise. To start with got a few calls trying to sell me advertising told them no way and they havent called since. Also had calls from thomson local free ad and 118 number. I suppose things are different in each area.

If anyone is thinking of advertising with them make sure you dont give them permission to pass your details on to other companies they sell the info on, and you will be getting all kinds of persistant sales calls i did it before and had loads call me a real pain in the ass its just a tick box when registering online.