Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zeusjazmin

taking someone on
« on: January 07, 2005, 11:13:53 pm »
is it possible to take on a worker without all the hassle of him paying tax etc
also is there a way around the minimum wage i would need to pay him,i know a lad who is on the dole he gets £45 a week ,if i took him on there would be some weeks the weather would prevent us working so therefor he would not make any money,has anyone else got experience of taking on a worker?

Pureandclean

Re: taking someone on
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 05:10:46 pm »
Rather than set him on, ask him if he would be willing to be self-employed and rent some of your work off you.
To keep an eye on him, have him working on the other side of the street to you.
Make certain that he buys his own tools, and collects money from his customers, and keeps records.
If you start him off with a guaranteed number of customers, and he demonstrates that he's going to stick at it, then you could look at building his round.

::) Blessings  ::)
Graeme

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 05:23:41 pm »
In my experience if they are any good they will eventually start their own round. If not they won't be any good!

You may be lucky and I might be over-generalising - just think it through! (Can I teach granny to suck eggs?)
It's a game of three halves!

Customers4u

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 03:20:19 pm »
The big downer on this one is the insurance that you will have to pay

If he/she is self employed no probs, you get them to do it, £80 for 1 year, but if you employ them it would cost YOU £4,000 plus!!

GCS Cambridge
Window cleaning rounds built to your exact requirements

Roy Harding

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 10:49:22 pm »
You can have a contract of emploment for him that states that you garantee 5 or 10 or 15 hrs a week or only 1 hr. But he would have to be paid the minimum wage. Holiday pay and sickness pay would be based on his garanteed wage. Any hours he works above his contracted hours is to his benifit. :)

But as everyone says its a real pig, once biten twice shy. :)

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 08:12:11 pm »
Where did you get 4,000 from?My employees insurance costs 43 per month?

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2005, 12:51:41 pm »
Hi Easyclean, where did you get your employee insurance from and how many people do you employ, I am struggling to find insurance.

Customers4u

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 10:25:18 pm »
Where did you get 4,000 from?My employees insurance costs 43 per month?

insurance companies do not like new start window cleaning businessess as they are highly likely to make an expensive error in their first year of trading.

Over the years the risk diminishes to the insurer, and the
cost comes down as well, we were quoted the above figure from 2 insurers, if anyone knows of a low cost insurer, we would love to know!

:) :) :)
Window cleaning rounds built to your exact requirements