Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martinsadie

Happy as Larry
« on: January 27, 2009, 06:50:20 pm »
Got my new ladder with articulated feet yesterday but a bit worried about using it .So took it to work today but also took my spiked ladder just in case i wasnt happy,didnt take the spiked ladder off the car,the articulated feet take a bit of getting used to but very impressed,feels very safe on pavements and doesnt sink into soft ground much,but dont fancy using it on damp decking i think that is where the spikes will come in  ;D ;D

JSMC

Re: Happy as Larry
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2009, 06:56:23 pm »
i put downa damp cloth under my ladder when on decking. saw this tip on here one day

tomy jackson

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 06:57:40 pm »
be even safer go WFP  ;D ;D ;D ;D

elite mike

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 07:05:02 pm »
hi stan i have used ladders with swivel feet for many years

would not use anything else,

except wfp ;D

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 07:23:57 pm »
hi stan i have used ladders with swivel feet for many years

would not use anything else,

except wfp ;D
Hi Mike, ive used spikes for 20 years and now i feel ive been missing out,to the best of my knowledge im the only w/c around here to try them  :D
try and landline next, then go for a mobile  :P

Joking apart articulated feet are great on ladders

Ian W

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 10:53:57 pm »
I knew you'd like 'em!  :)
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Ian W

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 05:15:02 am »
I keep a couple of heavy duty tent pegs with me and use them to secure the feet if I am not 100% sure of the grip. So you can still have your spikes!  ;)
Do all the good you can, and make as little fuss about it as possible.
Charles Dickens

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 07:36:18 am »
i put downa damp cloth under my ladder when on decking. saw this tip on here one day

Even though it doesn't look great, it seems to work very well.  I have a job where the layout has recently been altered.  It now means that I need to climb onto a falt roof from new decking.  I have pieces rubber matting that I use on footpaths to cover the hose.  I use one of these under the ladder now.  That works well too.  Probably not practical if using ladders all the time but fine for the occasional climb.

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 08:44:15 pm »
be even safer go WFP  ;D ;D ;D ;D
when i was writing the post i knew i would get that reply  ;D ;D ;D ;D
I was think big dave would be after you for nickin his water droplet  ::)

paulscotney

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 10:43:47 pm »
The feet are brill. I bought them with my ladder from Clow Ladders about 15 yrs ago. I had a mad helper when I first bought them. He used to put them on green moss,  blue bricks,  frosty concrete etc. I used to shout "no, it is too dangerous" but he ignored me, so I  ran up and put my feet behind the grips, whilst he was on the way up, or often all the way up. When footing I often left a half inch gap to see if they slid. They never did. Still got them now.

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 02:57:43 pm »
Stan,

Get yourself a WFP; start with a backpack; it's cheap to set up and you'll love it.

I'd never go back to humping my lardy body up and down ladders all day; it's quicker too.

I did an old pub this morning, three-story high windows at the front; all leaded or Georgian windows.

Wor Lass did the inside and I helped once I did the outside.  It took 40 minutes and we charge £70 which is a fair price if you saw the account.

WFP is class!

elite mike

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 05:27:55 pm »
Stan,

Get yourself a WFP; start with a backpack; it's cheap to set up and you'll love it.

I'd never go back to humping my lardy body up and down ladders all day; it's quicker too.

I did an old pub this morning, three-story high windows at the front; all leaded or Georgian windows.

Wor Lass did the inside and I helped once I did the outside.  It took 40 minutes and we charge £70 which is a fair price if you saw the account.

WFP is class!

you still doing that one tosh ;)

stan would run a mile rather than do that one trad ;D

Tosh

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2009, 06:18:11 pm »
stan would run a mile rather than do that one trad ;D

Exactly!  And this is from Mike whose been window cleaning since I was in nappies and only been WFP for about a year!

Stan, get yourself a pole!

pjulk

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 09:13:08 am »
I have been using articualed feet for about 4 years and would not go back to using a ladder without them.

I feel much safer maybe its only in my mind as i used ladders for a lot of years before that without articualed feet and never had a problem.

I just wish i found them years ago