Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kevin James

guttervac boyz - diy hot water.....
« on: February 02, 2009, 06:16:40 pm »
If you guttervac, chances are you got a genny. Today I did something useful & rigged up 200 litre blue barrel + 3 kw element + genny. Tomorrow I'll let u know how long to heat. ( you do need at least a 4.5 kva genny)

Kevin

matt

Re: guttervac boyz - diy hot water.....
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 06:28:57 pm »
the problem is though when it hits the ground it'll still freeze

thus back to square 1

ftp

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 06:50:03 pm »
You don't think that quad is a tad overloaded?  :o

matt

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 06:59:56 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D

kevin James

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 07:15:51 pm »

Only happy with the wind on me scalp & knuckles on the floor!

Kevin.

Kevin R

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 07:23:51 pm »

thus back to square 1

Not true - use salt - you can still work  ;) honest  ;D ;D ;D

matt

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 07:49:40 pm »

thus back to square 1

Not true - use salt - you can still work  ;) honest  ;D ;D ;D

funny you should mention salt

i had to pop to town today, banking and the post office

anyways

my and the wife are walking though our local shopping center and the place is cleaned by 2 people ( full time ) they do a good job, my wife said " look at the floor, its white " i said its the salt they put down outside

when we got outside the floor was well salted, people walking though the place had dragged it though

dwouldnt the customer complain ? ? ?

GTR Windows

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 08:47:05 pm »
places like shopping centres will rather their customers didnt slip and fall outside their door and taking legal action rather than worry about what the contracted cleaner has to clean

matt

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 09:53:34 pm »
places like shopping centres will rather their customers didnt slip and fall outside their door and taking legal action rather than worry about what the contracted cleaner has to clean

oh i agree, but the point i was making was would the customer be happy with salt down out the front door being dragged on to carpets / flooring etc etc

Kevin R

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 10:46:27 pm »

oh i agree, but the point i was making was would the customer be happy with salt down out the front door being dragged on to carpets / flooring etc etc

When freezing I would suggest that doors should be done trad - wfp on everything else - salt only where wfp is used  then its not a problem. Its nice being a pro nowadays as we get to choose our tools / methods based upon our current circumstances and what the best application is for that time and place.  ;D

kevin James

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 10:46:55 pm »

I see your point: but there is so much ice about at the mo that people will be singing our praises for this extra FREE public service of salting their doorways!

Kevin

matt

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 09:27:35 am »

When freezing I would suggest that doors should be done trad - wfp on everything else - salt only where wfp is used  then its not a problem. Its nice being a pro nowadays as we get to choose our tools / methods based upon our current circumstances and what the best application is for that time and place.  ;D

ive been tradi'ng doors all winter, its only fair