Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mrs Nicholls

Travel 2 work policy
« on: December 29, 2008, 02:34:33 pm »
Hi everyone, hope you are all well, and having a good xmas /new year xx

I am updating my mileage/travel policy for the new year and as my staff use public transport i was wondering ho best to approach it.

We all live on the same estate at the moment which is easy for morning kit bag pickups, and afternoon drop offs, but i'm not sure what to do with regards to transport, as they are basically home to town to first job of the day now, as my office is on the doorstep.
Before they came to the office which was already a bus journey - commute to work i called it and then paid them mileage from office to first job and so on.

any thoughts?
thanks, Lisa xxx

cml

Re: Travel 2 work policy
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 05:55:36 pm »
The minute they knock your door for collection of goods to start work can be considered in the course of their employment.  It does not matter that your office is on their doorstep as time starts from when one makes themselvles available for work.

i.e.

if travelling to work then time starts on arrival or start time as you have made yourselve available for work.

if travelling from home to first appointment then staff is in the course of employment.

The fact that they report to your home first means that they have either started work or arrive at work and commences work when loading or collecting goods for departure.  When leaving a job and going home they are no longer in the course of their employment but if they are to return a vehicle back or goods back to the office then they are still in the course of their employment.

I hope this helps

Chris B

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 09:15:01 pm »
Is this domestic?

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 10:04:01 pm »
Hi
Yes its for the domestic jobs during the day.

just want to do the right thing by the staff and the best thing for the biz

xx

dianegreenwood

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 05:00:16 pm »
Hi Lisa

My staff come to my home for pick up but they only get paid for the hours they clean not travel time in between.  They do get a decent hourly rate though and 25p per mile from my house to all clients then back again.

Hope that helps

Diane

Mrs Nicholls

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 12:46:38 pm »
Thank you very much for all the replies, its hard sometimes to please everyone isnt it when it somes to pay and mileage.

I think i'll stick to the my house/office to jobs and back again policy.

Thanks again

xxx
Lisa

keith b

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 02:03:37 pm »
Diane,

If its not too personal,....may I ask what hourly rate your cleaners are on?

dianegreenwood

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 03:30:57 pm »
I pay up to £8 per hour Keith.

dawnwallis

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 08:38:41 pm »
Diane,

Am having problems with my travel time pay at present...would really appreciate some advice, if you could get in touch dawnwallis123@aol.com

Thanks
Dawn