Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

richy27

Leaflets and prices
« on: January 25, 2009, 05:10:33 pm »
i am just having my second run of leaflets done now. Unlike the first ones i have got prices goin on for 2 -3 -4 bed house  the first ones i had done were done on the basis of being timeless good design done by prof so i could use them for a multiple of tasks direct mailing stick them in with a letter cause they were 350 gsm post card size so people may hang on to them. also you could put them in shop windows through doors.

Just wonndered from some of you vets cc over the years prices on leaflets worked better or no

Colin finney

Re: Leaflets and prices
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 06:52:12 pm »
Richard, in my experience the best way of using a price on leaflets is to not put an exact price but say prices from £'s.  So a 2 bed house prices from say £95 so it is at the lower end of your price range for an completely empty property and and so attract more interest from people needing to know how much for there place.
If you publish your prices the customer has no need to ring you as they already have what most people call you for, a price if that is what you want publish your prices but if you want the chance to convert as many callers as possible then it's prices from option.
Col

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 08:03:27 pm »
It possibly gives your competion the upper hand too! They only have to quote a fiver less than you and you've lost the job!

It goes back to the recent thread about getting into the customers house to work your magic and give an outstanding sales pitch!

I might be wrong Rich, just looking at it through the eyes of the dreaded under cutter!!!

Cheers, Col....

Jim Gibbard

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 09:36:56 pm »
Richard,
I think a lot of factors come into play with leaflets.  As with anything, I don't think any 1 way of doing it is best.  I think it's trial and error, relating to the areas you are delivering in.  Up market, down market, whatever!  I have tried with and without prices with varying degrees of success.  However, if I put prices on them, it is always, without fail - "Prices From". 

It gives you that bit of flexibility and a stronger negotiating position.  Plus, people have an idea, but are not certain if their carpet/suite fits in with the lowest price on your leaflet.  so they may contact you out of curiousity to see if they qualify.  You basically cut out the "something for nothing" merchants as well.  I usually find they are more of a pain than the top end customer.

The best response I ever had, was from a 4 page full colour leaflet ( A4, double sided & folded ).  Delivered to an up market area.  Very successful.  No prices on these though.

Incidentally, I have just read an article today about direct mail.  It was by a professional marketer and it's main principles would probably work for leaflets.   

Basically, this is the theory.  Target an area in which you are either active, strong or would like to be in.  Have the appropriate leaflets designed and printed.  Then deliver to your chosen area, whether it be 5,000 10,000 or whatever you need to cover the area.  Then 3 months, 6 months and 9 months later you deliver again to that area, but, having made slight adjustments or changes to the leaflet.  This would be changes in copy or information, not to your company branding.  The idea being that it reinforces your brand upon them and they get used to seeing it and the probability is that when they do need a cleaner, they will use the one that is in the foremost of their mind.

That's the theory and I think it would work well in the better areas ( higher priced jobs ).  But it would have to be consistent to get the best results.   I must admit, I have been guilty of complacency with leaflets.  Doing well, good well paid work flying in and what happens ?  Got sloppy with the delivery, stopped delivering and the momentum was lost.

Whilst on the subject of leaflets, I have noticed over the last 12 months or so, a distinct lack of the "Cheapo" leaflets coming through the letterbox.
    I would think they are obviously not working now, or they would still be doing them. 

Jim G
www.spic-n-span.co.uk
Cleaning is our Game - Excellence is our Aim !!!

will01

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 11:44:05 pm »
Good post Jim:

Only problem is that quite a lot of these affluent areas are filled with people just keeping up with the Jones'. I try to distribute my leaflets in the following areas on an equal basis....highend properties, detached/semi detached private properties, bought terrace houses and council estates

Jim Gibbard

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 11:54:15 pm »
Will01,

That's exactly what I meant.  You could have 4 separate areas, with 4 price structures if you wished. 

My experience of high end customers is that they are probably the most appreciative of quality work, hence their willingness to pay higher prices. A higher perceived value.

Jim G
www.spic-n-span.co.uk
Cleaning is our Game - Excellence is our Aim !!!

clinton

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 08:04:01 am »
Good post jim

Same here i  charge dff for the areas that will posted above :)

The higher end that i clean for usually dont worry how much they pay but if its a lower end i will charge a little less  :)