Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronnie paton

Re: new website
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 08:16:12 pm »
thank you nat!! im just supprised has there is always some ideas of changes or problems.

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 08:19:42 pm »
thank you nat!! im just supprised has there is always some ideas of changes or problems.
that is the idea of you seeing it before it goes live, only thing that worries me is the seo on it, if they dont pick up the faults before they make it live they are not doing what you have paid for. I will look at it once live, apart from the back stuff the site looks nice and is ained at commercial market so all is good on that front.

ronnie paton

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 10:32:11 pm »
sorry what is neo??

if you advise now i can see if im actually getting my moneies worth? ???

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 10:36:44 pm »
SEO is search engine optimisation,.. its mostly in the code and not visible on the site itself. Often its the last thing a web designer does before a site goes live,...

ronnie paton

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 10:46:16 pm »
LOL,.. time will tell!

Paul M

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 08:16:00 pm »
Hello Ronnie,

I noticed one thing about your landing page you may have overlooked. You do not mention what you do for people, let me explain.

When I land on your page I see Our mission, our services, RCW Cleaning (both in the statement and the first sentence of the main text). Followed by We at the beginning of the next paragraph. Followed by RCW Cleaning, followed by We starting the next paragraph, etc..

I see you have around 10 references to your company. (i.e. us, we, our) and 0 "you" (as in the potential customer)

When people shop for a service such as ours, they will likely bounce between websites and if nothing stands out just, arbitrarily pick one.

There have been many studies done that show the more you can bring them into the picture, the better.

The site looks vey nice, but I feel it would be more welcoming with a little more "customer first" speak.

Of course this is just my opinion, hopefully not offensive.

Paul

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 09:59:58 pm »
Excellent tip Paul,... making me re-think my own website wording!

ronnie paton

Paul M

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2009, 05:01:58 pm »
Sorry for the deley Ronnie

I would do a total rewrite of that landing page and add some benefits. You kind of just say what it is and not what it does for them. Also it might seperate you from the rest if you had some other definitions for your services.

examples:

Your Service Choices (top of page where you have "our services")

You have a wide array of choices to keep your building or store front looking TOP NOTCH, and at a price you can manage.

To keep you looking good we offer these popular services:

-Window cleaning including fascias and cladding
-Emergency graffiti removal- when you need it done fast
-The Graffiti Barrier- A solvent that prevents future headaches
-Gutter rejuvenation- cleaning of gutters to ensure maximum flow without overflowing

If you have a new build, we can help you get it ready fast!

etc, etc...

that is just a fast example of what I am talking about. The landing page is your salesman. It is there to sell as much as give information. If you had a man standing in front of you and he said "what do you do and why would I need it?" What would your response be? Put that on your site.

anyway, just some thoughts...

Paul

ronnie paton

« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2009, 07:06:06 pm »
paul this kind of stuff is on the services page, iv had it re written though so have a look and see what you think