Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ronnie paton

Re: how u go about letting someone go(a worker)
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 10:35:39 am »
iv had my problems with employees, what you have to think is he doing on purpose(unlikely) so like already said run him through it make him aware of how important it is to rinse.
I make my employees aware of how it actually works(WFP that is)

You do find that some rush and dont do a good job beacause they believe they will finish quicker, make him aware that he needs to get the speend right with the quality of i=his work, re assure him though that it is just a teething problem and if he takes is time alittle more all will be fine.

Good luck good employees are hard to fine if he turns up and works without moaning its likely with a little training and a push in the right direction he will be fine.

Remeber always praise were praise is due!

Van the man

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2009, 05:52:11 pm »
Parting company with your employee is the easy part.
You should be concentrating on getting your lost customers back and restoring your good reputation, because it`s much quicker to get a bad reputation than it is to get a good one.
If it were me, I`d go and see them personaly, apologise profusely, tell them you`d never had a problem with your employee before and that he`s now been given a final warning, tell them you won`t be charging them for the poor clean and as, they are such a valued customer you`d like to give them an additional free clean the next time. Also, after the next few cleans call them each time and ask, "Are you happy with everything?"
You`ve got the potential to turn a looming "bad reputation" into enhancing a "good one".
Remember, "Good news travels fast, bad news travels even faster".

elite mike

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2009, 06:32:33 pm »
 ;D

Helen

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 09:33:55 am »
Is he on the books officially? If not you have no problems with "letting him go" as you won't have issued a contract. You shouldn't be working in this way, but it does happen. If he is "official" then you are going to have to do it right. Verbal warnings etc etc. Search the acas site this will help. Also sit him down and talk, you are mates afterall and he should understand. It's your business and you need to have it done right, mates or not!