Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

fenscouse

starting up
« on: December 04, 2008, 11:35:22 am »
hi im thinking of starting up carpet cleaning and wanted a bit of advice. im a window cleaner at the moment so already have a large customer base but do not know what equipment to get. Im gonna go on the 2 day course in leicester but what would you advise on me buying to start up carpet cleaning, what sort of carpet cleaner, accessories chemicals and anything else?

thanks

sherco

Re: starting up
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 01:20:40 pm »
Do the course first then you will have a better understanding about machines and chemicals etc.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Joe H

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 01:56:50 pm »
Having a database of existing contacts is good but will not sustain you - that is if you want more then an odd job.

Do you have a budget in mind fir the machine and solutions, also need a budget for advertising as well.

How mucch do you propose to spend on machine?

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 02:50:57 pm »
where are you based?

Jim_77

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 04:11:27 pm »
from the name, I'd say somewhere in scouse land!

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 04:21:32 pm »
or in fenland, east anglia

richy27

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 05:36:38 pm »
def do a course first ncca was good not just the course content bu the whole couple of days. equipment is important but marketting is essential and expensive i have found no point in havin a shiny machine with no work. i think it is also important to st a budget for equipment and stick to it your easily diverted of track by some companys and you could end up spending shed loads on crap that will just stay in the van get the essentails and the rest can follow. Found matt at cleansmart a descent guy for equipment.

Jim_77

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 12:14:44 pm »
I know.  He's a scouser who moved to the fens.

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 12:22:48 pm »
on my patch too! >:(