Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

STEVE-UK

pressure washing help please
« on: November 28, 2008, 06:52:00 pm »
i Have an office block car to pressure wash, its 1400 sqm of block paving hardly any oil or moss, just needs tidying up, its not being sealed.

www.brandontoolhire.co.uk/directory/prodView.asp?idproduct=82
how long do you think it will take with one of these?

this is my 1st pressure washing job, any helpfull hints appreciated

type of sand needed for re sanding & how much?

how long do you think it will take?

i listed this on the general section, but listed here as well as it gets more views

where to get brooms for re sanding or what type?

steve

trevor povey

Re: pressure washing help please
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 07:02:15 pm »
refer to yr website steve  why project you can offer the service when you are suggesting to us you can,t ??? ???....."Southern Window Cleaning ltd offers a professional pressure washing solution for companies managing properties in London, Surrey, Sussex, Essex, Kent & Hampshire. We are equipped to offer pressure washing services for a variety of circumstances including driveways, entries, storefronts ."

STEVE-UK

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 07:08:36 pm »
im trying the water to see if its worth getting the equipment although i have a 13hp pressure washer already for the gutter vac, if its worth it i will get a decent rotary cleaner

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 07:34:06 pm »
Charge about £2.50 per sq meter for cleaning plus £2.00 for re-sanding.

You will need a couple of tons of kiln dried sand and the guarentee of a couple of dry days so this time of year is not ideal for re-sanding.

*Derek*

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 07:36:41 pm »
If its not to bad then the surface cleaners are good. If there is a lot of dirt and moss i think they aren't great. Maybe thats just mine. Silica sand is the sand you need. In terms of how long. I'd reckon a day going flat out. Your going to go through a lot of water...

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 07:39:43 pm »
If its not to bad then the surface cleaners are good. If there is a lot of dirt and moss i think they aren't great. Maybe thats just mine. Silica sand is the sand you need. In terms of how long. I'd reckon a day going flat out. Your going to go through a lot of water...

A day for 1400 sq m, including sanding, how do you work that out?

STEVE-UK

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2008, 07:53:57 pm »
whats the best way to have the sand deliveried, small bags or loose

i suppose its cheaper loose but easier to take back if in bags ?

ftp

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 08:17:15 pm »
That Kev R doesn't half get about he seems to pop up on everyones website. No wonder he earns so much  ;)

outdoor restore

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 08:42:40 pm »
Steve
Definitely the rotary surface cleaner is the right tool.  Just make sure that your pressure washer has enough psi and litres per minute, I use a pressure washer with max 3000psi and 15lpm with a "whirlaway" 18" rotary surface cleaner.  You will also need a lance for doing edges and rinsing down.  Make sure you don't block their drans with the sand and debris you wash out,
Without havig seen the site, it is difficult to estimate how long it will take to clean, but I would estimate 1 man could be 3 - 5 days to clean, main factors are mains water pressure/drainage and accessibilty of the area.
The surface and joints need to be dry before you re-sand. The sand needs to be bone dry otherwise it will not fill the joints, so please do not have it delivered loose.  Although silica/glacial sand is the best (less weed seeds seemingly) Any builders merchant will sell 20-25kg bags of "kiln dried" sand and wickes do a block paving jointing sand which are acceptable alternatives to silica and slightly less expensive.  For 1400m2 cleaned with a rotary surface cleaner, I would expect to use 20 - 30 bags or so.  You want a large headed soft natural broom head again available from any builders merchant or DIY shed.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.

STEVE-UK

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 08:45:54 pm »
That Kev R doesn't half get about he seems to pop up on everyones website. No wonder he earns so much  ;)

hes knows that pics there, squealer  ;D

ftp

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 08:56:31 pm »
I thought you'd nicked my trailer i had to look in the garage to make sure  ;D
Same generator too. Did you bolt yours down? Bloody heavy isn't it it?  was all i could do to lift it in on my own  :o

STEVE-UK

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 08:56:52 pm »
outdoor restore - i have my own pressure washer with lance for the edges, but want to hire the largest size rotary cleaner i can get hold of, the one in the link in my 1st post looks pretty big, around 25 - 30 inches which has to save me time?

3-5 days, is that just for pressure washing or both pressure washing and re-sanding

STEVE-UK

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 09:03:11 pm »
yep its bolted down, but also has ratchet straps

yeh its heavy, couldnt quite lift it with one hand lol  ;D

CLEANGLASSUK

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 11:15:41 pm »
yep its bolted down, but also has ratchet straps

yeh its heavy, couldnt quite lift it with one hand lol  ;D

YOUVE NICKED MY PICTURES YOU SWINE  ;D ;D ;D ;D