Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roy Harding

One of my favorate jobs
« on: November 21, 2008, 12:53:08 pm »
One of my favorate jobs, Been doing it along time now.

Nice place and nice people, they come out pay you cash as soon as you pull up.

Also tea and cake.

Roy

Roy Harding

Re: One of my favorate jobs
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 12:54:13 pm »
The back.

And it has great views.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 01:11:00 pm »
tea and cake in a nice surrounding like that - GOLD DUST!!

dmlservices

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 02:04:48 pm »
with a view like that , the money you earn is a bonus,

how did you get the job initially?

do you do it all wfp ? any problems reaching the windows , above flat roof , by the cannon?

oh and finally , where is it , and how much , ? i want to see if it worth poaching  ;D ;D

daz

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2008, 02:20:05 pm »
probably Monmouth, south east wales, going from Roys profile

steven ainger

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 02:22:48 pm »
glanmonnow according to the text under the photos????????

Tosh

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2008, 03:10:35 pm »
Roy,

I picked up a job like that yesturday; it's probably got a smaller footprint, but it's three-storey (high three-storey); superb views (it's in Woodcroft and was the local manor house of the estate many years ago).

Unfortunately, I underpriced it ( >:(), but I was manipulated by the lady owner whose in her seventies (at least); but VERY VERY FLIRTY.  She basically paid me loads of compliments, loads of 'fluttery eyes', sexual inuendo (some of it done very close to the knuckle) - she even told me that I reminded her of her first love (who was Japanese apparantly).

So I was flustered and didn't price it right.  ???

Never mind; it's a great job; and the lady of the manor is a great character; just like her house; rather than the souless new builds which all look the same.

steven ainger

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 03:12:28 pm »
perhaps she will pay you the extra in kind :P

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 03:22:32 pm »
perhaps she will pay you the extra in kind :P

I hope not, this lady is elderly and uses walking sticks; but I have the impression she was a 'hot chick' in her younger days, judging by her self-confidence and sense-of-humour.

Besides, Wor Lass was with me; grinning like a Cheshire cat, especially when my elderly customer said, 'I can't wait for you to come again next month', and she then give me a big grin and fluttered her eye-lashes at me.

Honest!  She's mad, or at the very least eccentric.

ftp

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 03:24:31 pm »
She'll have forgotten who you are by then and tell you to bugger off!

Tosh

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 05:22:27 pm »
She'll have forgotten who you are by then and tell you to bugger off!

No, mentally she was 'sharp'; she really worked me over with lots of 'patter', and I'm not usually a soft touch (sometimes maybe). 

But for example, she very nicely said; squeezed in between the sexual inuendo; that everytime a trademan sees her house, they 'rub their hands together' and she feels like she's paying three-times-the-price of 'normal work'; so she's done all the maintenance tasks herself, that she could over the years; and she was wearing a coat inside the house as if she couldn't afford to put the heating on (maybe she couldn't?).

She told me how she cleaned the exterior of the windows by climbing out of the windows and sitting on the window sill and manourving the Georgian sash windows 'this way and that'.

She was good; maybe I haven't described her properly; but she played me like a fish on a hook.

I've been done, but I don't mind; I really do like this old gal!

chrismroberts

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 05:25:41 pm »
You like the older lady then, eh Tosh? :P

One of my favorate jobs, Been doing it along time now.

Nice place and nice people, they come out pay you cash as soon as you pull up.

Also tea and cake.

Roy

Is it WFP roy? Bet those windows sheet really nicely  ;D ;D

Roy Harding

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 07:31:37 pm »

do you do it all wfp ? any problems reaching the windows , above flat roof , by the cannon?

oh and finally , where is it , and how much , ? i want to see if it worth poaching  ;D ;D

daz

If you look at the pic of the view on the right hand side there is some beach trees, about half way up on the left you will see a white house that is were I was born.
And my mum still lives there.

I also build a large new house there, and sold it for a nice bit of dosh.

I know most in the area and that is how I got the job.

It is mainly wfp but above the flat roofs youhave to use a ladder, also you have to squeegee  under the glass roof using a pole.

It takes two hours as there is a side not shown.

Roy

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 07:41:03 pm »
Roy,

I picked up a job like that yesturday; it's probably got a smaller footprint, but it's three-storey (high three-storey); superb views (it's in Woodcroft and was the local manor house of the estate many years ago).

Unfortunately, I underpriced it ( >:(), but I was manipulated by the lady owner whose in her seventies (at least); but VERY VERY FLIRTY.  She basically paid me loads of compliments, loads of 'fluttery eyes', sexual inuendo (some of it done very close to the knuckle) - she even told me that I reminded her of her first love (who was Japanese apparantly).

So I was flustered and didn't price it right.  ???

Never mind; it's a great job; and the lady of the manor is a great character; just like her house; rather than the souless new builds which all look the same.

I know money is top of the agenda, but its not everything. Just being the window cleaner for nice big houses really makes you feel special, and you will get looked at in a better light by the other home owners in the area.

dmlservices

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 07:44:14 pm »

daz

If you look at the pic of the view on the right hand side there is some beach trees, about half way up on the left you will see a white house that is were I was born.
And my mum still lives there.

I also build a large new house there, and sold it for a nice bit of dosh.

I know most in the area and that is how I got the job.

It is mainly wfp but above the flat roofs youhave to use a ladder, also you have to squeegee  under the glass roof using a pole.

It takes two hours as there is a side not shown.

Roy

cheers  roy, it would take me longer than 2 hours though, as i would spend ages admiring the view  ;D

very nice account to have

daz

matt

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 07:48:16 pm »
im in the minority here i guess

views do nothing for me, i do a few houses with similar view over valleys, i really pay no attention to them

i guess each to their own though

Roy Harding

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 07:52:32 pm »
Ok you seen most of the house, there is 3 more windows that you cant see.

By the Jaguar at the front there is a glass porch roof, the under side has to be poled with squeegee.

Whats your price?

Roy