Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rosskesava

Fed up with the weather
« on: March 02, 2005, 01:14:37 pm »
It seems that for ages we've done little or no work. Today it started snowing at 6.30 and 6 hours later - it's still snowing.

pjulk

Re: Fed up with the weather
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 01:24:49 pm »
I know what you mean.
Here it started during the night and its still coming down now there has been not let up today either.
Took my daughter to school this morning which is only about a mile away took me 45 minutes to get there as where i live we don't get any gritters and the main road was like an ice rink.
So another wasted day roll on the spring

Paul

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 04:49:47 pm »
Stop whining! I dropped my girls to school and it started snowing - went home caught forecast, gonna be brighter safto so what to do what to do? Faffed around ineffectually, looked at sky, phoned a customer about seven miles away where I want to work "what's it like?" "just stopped snowing" says she. Off I go.

Six miles out, heavens open, I go back home. Twiddle thumbs. 2pm brighter now - off I go. Five  miles out heavens open. I sit in car, dash out do one house earn £12.50! Heavens open, go home.

So there! See! You whingers - if you'd done what I've done you'd have earned £12.50! less about £5 fuel = £7.50! Brilliant day! :'(
It's a game of three halves!

Duke

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 04:54:15 pm »
more than I did.....sod it, a new computer to play with...   ;)

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 05:01:46 pm »
We had a late start - then found I'd left my bucket and T bar (and laddermats) in the street outside my last clean yesturday.  No chance they'd still be there, so headed up to Newport to buy a new bucket, T bar and sleeve.  £35.00 just for that!

Then to the Hilton Hotel, who still hadn't paid me since OCTOBER - collected X amount of hundreds in cash from a very apologetic hotel manager, who swore he would give his 'Bill paying office' a good rocket.

Then we had lunch in Tescos and did five new cleans in the sleet and snow.

So not a too-bad-a-day here.  At least the Hilton coughed up!  And I've done the last of the humongous amount of new cleans I've taken on.

Duke

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2005, 05:06:47 pm »
yep, turns out right sometimes....

roo

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2005, 07:22:00 pm »
 :)nice house.where do you put the r.o system!in the shed nxt door!freezing man!

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2005, 07:44:55 pm »
Well i done three blocks of flats last week when i could 3 days 400 per day so im not too woried about the weather.Anyway summer will be here then you can work non stop 6am-8pm then put it in the bank till next time it snows.