Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C.C.S.

types of carpets
« on: October 23, 2008, 11:12:31 pm »
hi and i would appreciate if u would help me.i'm going soon to a cc course and i'd like to have as much information as possible just to make it easier to understand when i get there.
ok my question is how many types of carpet are and what chemicals are suitable for each one of them and any tips on the tricky ones.thanks very much

Re: types of carpets
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 11:33:18 am »
they are 6,9876,95463,3475757 basic types of carpet, and over 27 million types of chemical, go on a course and do it properly, too many cowboys in the trade giving us a bad name!!

carlton care

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 01:06:09 pm »
Is it my imagination, or are there people talking to themselves on here ?

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 04:52:15 pm »
JohnnyL

More important than the construction is what the face yarn and backings are made of. The training will go through this.

As for chemicals it's not so much which chems, but types of chemicals. Again, the course will cover this.

The best advice I can offer for preparation for a course is to try and spend a day with a GOOD carpet cleaner first and also to walk around your local carpet stores looking at the labels which will give you more information than you could deal with. Look particularly at fibre type and construction.  ie tufted, axminster weave, wilton weave, fibre bonded etc. etc.  But it probably wont tell you what backing fibres are.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 05:24:39 pm »
also you may find if you've been on a course, your insurance may be lower, so well worth 300 or so quid