Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What do you use for power?

customers power
40%
6 (40%)
generator
60%
9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 14

ftp

Gutter vac people
« on: October 13, 2008, 07:33:02 pm »
How many are using customers power and how many use generators.
I know what KevR uses.  ;)

Mr H

Re: Gutter vac people
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 07:35:35 pm »
Customer power or hire a generator for out of the way jobs.

Might be worth makeing your question a poll so wwe can all see the results easier........

Regards
Mr H

ftp

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 07:43:37 pm »
Never tried a poll before, hope it works.

Mr H

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 04:36:25 pm »
Yes it works and I've added my vote.....

Regards
Mr H

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2008, 04:51:08 pm »
This is one of the reason's I'm delaying buying a gutter vac,.. I don't really like either option, though a generator would be the better of the 2 IMO.

I'm looking for a petrol powered vac of similar spec,.... no leads to worry about, prob not much heavier, possibly more powerful,...

There is one on the market which looks like a leaf blower mounted onto a wheelie bin, but it doesn't look too impressive to be honest.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2008, 06:23:34 pm »
Nat the poo vac bin is very low power unless you look at the trailer mount. The biggest Billy Goat lawn style £1600 and an Echo Bear Cat £950 where the other two I have tried, with a 6 blade fan they both produce a bit more than 2000cfm which is a lot less than a 3x1200w at 8000cfm. A water lift figure h20 is more accurate, but both machines just dont have the sucking power of the elecy ones.
For my rural situation I would love a noisy petrol vac as it would sort a lot of access problems but they are not there yet  :'(

Kevin R

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 06:43:40 pm »
Nat the poo vac bin is very low power unless you look at the trailer mount. The biggest Billy Goat lawn style £1600 and an Echo Bear Cat £950 where the other two I have tried, with a 6 blade fan they both produce a bit more than 2000cfm which is a lot less than a 3x1200w at 8000cfm. A water lift figure h20 is more accurate, but both machines just dont have the sucking power of the elecy ones.
For my rural situation I would love a noisy petrol vac as it would sort a lot of access problems but they are not there yet  :'(

99% or the jobs we do there is no access to electricity, and even if there was it would be a long walk around to then pull the lead through a window or similar. 

I wanted a petrol driven machine originally but there is nothing out there that is powerful enough in my opinion.

Also a generator is very useful for other electrical equipment and when combined with a wfp tank and a pressure washer tank it allows you to work remotely anywhere for several hours.

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 06:46:19 pm »
Kev you use a gen ? if so why did you get a 240v vac  :-\

99% or the jobs we do there is no access to electricity, and even if there was it would be a long walk around to then pull the lead through a window or similar. 

I wanted a petrol driven machine originally but there is nothing out there that is powerful enough in my opinion.

Also a generator is very useful for other electrical equipment and when combined with a wfp tank and a pressure washer tank it allows you to work remotely anywhere for several hours.

billyc

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 08:32:11 pm »
 I run the omnivac from a genarator we have bolted to a trolley- the trolley goes where we go   convenient when the custy is not at home, right down to boiling the kettle on these cold wet mornings

Had the system 3 months now started out using the custy power but holds you back if they are not in.

Did one job yesterday and picked up another 4 on the same street.

Billy

Kevin R

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 10:50:02 pm »

Kev you use a gen ? if so why did you get a 240v vac  :-\

Because contrary to popular belief you don't have to use a 110v when working out doors. Mostly my extensions are run along pathways and the connectors are splash proof, the Omnivac is double insulated and is a "wet" vac so thats Ok in the rain too. Also I use it for high level internal cleaning so we plug it into the nearest power point which are 240v standard.  Also if the generator did fail I could plug into the mains.

I don't work on building sites or sites where 110v is required so the 240v was the choice for me.