Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

monkeyboy950

water pressure goes up and down
« on: December 03, 2008, 10:19:34 am »
When i use my pole its from cleantech and it goes up to about 24 feet the water pressure goes up amd down,even when doing bottoms,but when i put the smaller pool on it its more constant,could the brush head be causing the water problem,as the water fires out the smaller pole with the vikan brush,but the larger pool is a green square one brodex i think it was,any ideas or suggestions,also my pump when not attatched to the reel runs constant but when its on the reel with everything turned on its stop start, ??? ???

Re: water pressure goes up and down
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 12:20:23 pm »
what type of pressure switch do you use , is it on the pump itself or do you have a varistream controler . sometimes they need to be adjusted to allow for the the extra length of hose on longer poles .

monkeyboy950

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 01:51:10 pm »
got a shurflow pump and varistream controller thats turned full up

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 02:12:04 pm »
Theres a pressure switch inside it , try turning it up . Extend your pole to full lenght whilst adjusting the switch until you get the right flow rate.

monkeyboy950

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 02:14:56 pm »
cheers mate will try that cause its been bugging me for weeks

ftp

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 05:44:13 pm »
If you have a varistream then the pressure switch on the sureflow must be dis-connected. The varistream should stop the pump when the required pressure is reached (when your pole valve is shut) and should pump constantly when the valve is fully open.

monkeyboy950

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 06:48:24 pm »
it pumps on an off when everything is turned on,so is the pump knackered then or drawing in air somewhere??

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 06:56:01 pm »
I've had a similar problem. I cured it by turning the varistream down one step.

What I think was happening was that the extra back pressure was causing the varistream to turn off thinking that the flow had stopped. Then it turned on again quickly as the back pressure dropped. So it was stop start stop start and driving me NUTS!

As I said, turning it down cured the problem - and that is counter to what you might expect!

Ho hum - the joys of water fed poles and advanced electronics!

ftp

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 07:38:56 pm »
Probably the blue dial needs tweaking a little inside the body unless you have a digital one - that has adifferent adjustment.