Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard Carlisle

steam easy twin vax?
« on: September 28, 2008, 02:29:24 pm »
Hi all, can anyone tell me about the bigger twin vax steam easy machine. theres one about to end on flea bay soon. one, is it any good? two, can you still get parts for it and has it got a heater as standerd.
Thanks, Richard

markpowell

Re: steam easy twin vax?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 02:45:23 pm »
Richard,
the heater was an optional extra on this machine, i think that it has a 100 psi pump.
I think this model has a 19 litre solution tank.
Mark

Richard Carlisle

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 03:14:49 pm »
Thanks mark, I have just won the the machine at 310 british pounds  :o which i think is cheap. If its not to much trouble could i ask some more questions please.

what is the machine called? dumb question i no.

is the heater option still avalible to buy from prochem/ebay and how much?

was this a good machine back in the day, will it be ok to use as a full time work horse?

any help and advise would be great also as im just starting out in buisness.
and before anyone asks, Ive done a one day course at extracta in newcastle  ;)

Thanks, Richard.

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 04:21:53 pm »
It should be easy enough to get spare parts from prochem but you will find yourself looking to upgrade very fast if you get busy.

markpowell

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 04:41:20 pm »
Richard,
I agree, you will probably want to upgrade in the near future, the vac motor and water pumps will be readily available from most suppliers.
I think this machine only holds 19 litres in the solution tank and i think you will get fed up of re-filling, especially on the bigger jobs.
Good luck, you have done a training course and you are goingh to need insurance, make sure you get covered properly, cover where you are insured for the product that you are working on, not just liability insurance.
What solutions are you going to use?
Mark

Richard Carlisle

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 04:59:08 pm »
Thanks for the replys Finton/Mark. As far as solutions im not sure, i was going to go to the prochem supplier in workington cumbria to get some advice tomorrow on what chems i will need.

It would be a big help if anyone could tell me the machines full name, as i cannot find anything regarding the machines spec, user manuals, parts lists etc,etc.

many thanks, Richard.

markpowell

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 05:04:27 pm »
Prochem Steameasy 400 i think
Mark

Richard Carlisle

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2008, 06:44:58 pm »
all the steameasy 200/400 i have seen are square, this one is hexogen shaped, not square  ???

carlton care

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2008, 07:48:41 pm »
Richard

this was a highly regarded machine some time ago and is probably still capable of doing as good a job as many current models, certainly good enough to get into the business without a high outlay.

don't be too concerned about the 100 psi, there are still machines being produced with similar output.

if you learn to apply prespray, aggitate and rinse/ extract, properly, you will have the potential to get good results with this machine

Richard Carlisle

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 10:52:10 pm »
Thanks carlton, thats good to know.

so is it a steampro 400, the 200 being the smaller square one.

Thanks, Richard.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 07:12:42 am »
Richard

I have got a Steameasy 400 about 12 years old as a back up and that is the square shape, not actually ever seen one the same shape as yours.

Steve

Richard Carlisle

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 12:31:47 pm »
Thanks steve, now im really confused  ;D

Dont really matter now though, the ebay seller will not return my e-mails and has made no efort to get in touch. I dont think he wonts to sell it at the price i won it at  ::) not really a problem as there are plenty more to chose from.

there is a steameasy 200/400 the square one ending tonight, if the price is right ill get that, if not there is a steampro 2000 going with all the extras, chems, tools, etc, etc. its a bit more pricey but should be worth every penny

thanks to everyone, Richard.

markpowell

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 01:35:35 pm »
Richard,
If you can i would get the Steempro, it holds twice as much solution and if its the powermax or powerplus will have more power.
Mark

Richard Carlisle

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 04:14:47 pm »
Ok, I got the steampro  8) what i got is.

Prochem steampro 2000 powermax, 3 years old, 120 psi, twin vacs.

new wand, upholstery tool, vaccum and soloution hoses, 45 psi spray bottle.

chemicals most of which unused. crystal green, fibre and fabric rinse, browning presription, trafic clean, deodorisor, prespray gold, flourseal stain guard, stain removal kit, lether cleaner, lether conditioner, all are prochem.

all in all a good bit of kit me thinks. it was double the money of the steameasy but hopefully i will get good results.

Darren O

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 05:06:16 pm »
You should also buy the Heat And Run clip on heater that fits on to your new machine its about £285+vat from Olympic Cleaning.Heats a must in this game.

Richard Carlisle

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 05:17:37 pm »
Hi Darren, whats wrong with steaming hot water from the tap  ??? 

If this is a dumb response, I apolagise in advance  ;)

markpowell

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 05:27:43 pm »
Hot water from the tap is fine, sometimes you wont have access to hot water, especially if you are doing work for letting agents.Also sometimes you will need extra heat if the carpets are heavily soiled with grease, restaurants for eg.
Mark

Darren O

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »
I agree with what Mark said also prochem advise you to not put roasting hot water in your machine as it can damage the pump.

Richard Carlisle

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 05:44:36 pm »
ok that makes sence. ill get one when i need one then, or when one comes up cheap on flea bay, which ever comes first  ;)