Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Marketing
« on: September 23, 2008, 08:56:33 am »
Has anyone been on the one day, BWCA W/C marketing course?
If so, any chance of posting a review or opinion please?

Marketing is not a strong point for me so any other tips appreciated.

richywilts

Re: Marketing
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 11:55:03 am »
yeah i went on it ive been on four of there courses n found there all pretty much the same he covers the same stuff on them all u take  a few gud things away with u but they are pretty expensive for wat u learn especially if u stay in a hotel etc n travel down.

im sure u can pick up a lot of the tips on here from the more experienced chaps
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

paulscotney

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 03:08:05 pm »
yeah i went on it ive been on four of there courses n found there all pretty much the same he covers the same stuff on them all u take  a few gud things away with u but they are pretty expensive for wat u learn especially if u stay in a hotel etc n travel down.

im sure u can pick up a lot of the tips on here from the more experienced chaps

I agree pretty much with the above, I only live about 2 hours drive away and I went on it. I would go again if I had to make the choice. If I lived in Scotland or Northumberland etc I wouldn't.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 03:14:33 pm »
The Shiner

In your marketing what are you trying to achieve, do you want more residential work, small commercial, large commercial?.

Are you looking to take on another van & men?

Rob ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 04:09:59 pm »
The Shiner

In your marketing what are you trying to achieve, do you want more residential work, small commercial, large commercial?.

Are you looking to take on another van & men?

Rob ;D

Mid range commercial+ that can be done with up to 55ft pole.  Larger domestic properties.  No cherry picker work.  Wanting to remain as sole trader for the time being.  Would consider extra personnel from two years time as I don't want to take on any more large debt at the moment.
Probably pretty much what everyone else wants I guess  :)  .

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 04:12:08 pm »
With these types of training, if you come away with any new knowledge that will help your business then it would be worth it as you will soon regain the cost for the course and the loss of earnings.

I did the BWCA marketing course, I listen to what Craig Mawlam said about pricing then went and put it into practice, one new job more than covered the cost of the course and since then there has been many more individual jobs that again covered all the cost of the BWCA marketing course.

So I cant see anybody losing money going on this course, as long as you have an open mind you should make more money.

But for just marketing, I would have thought there are better ones available they would probably cost more though.

I did go on their WFP one day course back in '05.  It was a help but not as much as this forum.  No substitute for practical experience either.

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 05:36:34 pm »
With these types of training, if you come away with any new knowledge that will help your business then it would be worth it as you will soon regain the cost for the course and the loss of earnings.

I did the BWCA marketing course, I listen to what Craig Mawlam said about pricing then went and put it into practice, one new job more than covered the cost of the course and since then there has been many more individual jobs that again covered all the cost of the BWCA marketing course.

So I cant see anybody losing money going on this course, as long as you have an open mind you should make more money.

But for just marketing, I would have thought there are better ones available they would probably cost more though.

I did go on their WFP one day course back in '05.  It was a help but not as much as this forum.  No substitute for practical experience either.

Personally i think their WFP course if more for those that have bought a system but dont know how to use it fully. When i did mine, there were guys there always asking questions on their newly bought systems, why is this? why is that? However, i did gain a bit of extra knowledge.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 05:50:44 pm »

Personally i think their WFP course if more for those that have bought a system but dont know how to use it fully. When i did mine, there were guys there always asking questions on their newly bought systems, why is this? why is that? However, i did gain a bit of extra knowledge.

I found it some help too.  I didn't buy my kit from Ionics but the course was pretty generic so that didn't matter.

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 07:11:43 pm »
Yes shiner it would be helpfull if someone could bullet point the main items.

In more specific terms you have posted before about the steps you have taken and i agree with these in the main. Marketing is one of my strong points but i have to admitt that i have struggled with window cleaning. I did expect to be succesfull right from the start but i wasn't.
There were two problems i had a job understanding. The first was in ww words WC is loyalty based, or as in davestives little story about buying work that he had leafleted for years and the custies said the old wc was rubbish but had never jumped ship.

The second was confusion in my mind about what I was selling (style over substance)

All sorted now and I am sought after without canvassing etc.

However I am still a dismal failure at commercial.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 08:03:15 pm »
Discount

Don't think that you are on your own as far as the status quo on commercial, I think that most would agree it is 99% right place right time and 1% everything else!!!

Rob ;D

Dean Taberner

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 08:21:31 pm »

Ewan,

Where did you do the marketing course mate? Swindon or Newcastle?

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk