Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jim_77

Re: Vomit smell
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 06:39:57 pm »
We don't have to go down this road again do we? ::) ::)

:)

Back to the subject in hand...

I've revisited the school this afternoon and re-treated the general area where the problem was.

Used a colloid which shall remain nameless coupled with an odour neutraliser which shall remain nameless, mixed up a bit stronger than for general use.  Sprayed generously, brushed in with a rotary, lightly re-sprayed and brushed in again, all over about a 30-40 minute period.  Then rinse extracted, partially dried off, re-applied the solution moderately and bonneted to finish.

Smelled fresh as a daisy as I walked out.  I'm popping back in with some fans tomorrow afternoon when I've finished the job I'm doing, as I'm anxious to get the area ventilated properly after the extended drying that it will be going through overnight.

I think that may have been part of the problem, the rooms have no decent ventilation so the drying after the first time they were cleaned may have been long enough for bacteria growth to get kick-started.

The other part of the problem may be that I didn't re-apply solution and post-bonnet those areas when I cleaned them initially.  I only remembered that today - the reason I didn't post-bonnet is because they were the head & bursars offices where the kids "who cause all the muck" don't go, therefore they shouldn't have needed it ::)

Hopefully that's cracked it!  I suppose I won't really find out until the end of next week.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2008, 06:48:13 pm »
Hi Guys

Joe

Pony and trap means something elsre down here ;D

Cheers

Doug

Joe H

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 07:00:18 pm »
Well there you are .....
Others on this forum now dont know what Jim used on this occassion.
Those who can tune in to another channal however can find out.

*david j jones / Paul Moss

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 07:44:41 pm »
Is it just me or can any body else smell something. ::)

Jim_77

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 07:46:59 pm »
Fake profiles?

carlton care

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 08:26:05 pm »
That was quick !!!

Doug Holloway

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 12:19:36 am »
Hi Guys

It would be a lot better if people used their own names, had links to their websites and stopped trying to push products under psuedonyms.

Cheers

Doug

Jim_77

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2008, 02:06:44 am »
Doug,

I realise, from first hand experience, that you have a tough job as an ambassador on this board :)

Firstly, out of:

a) Respect for the forum owner and

b) General exasperation with the sheep-like tendencies on this board...

... I have not even mentioned any suppliers or products, let alone promoted them in any way.

You were the first one to mention M-Power.

The pseudonym posting in this thread is solely the concern of the admins of this board, and is blindingly obvious.  Not that it has anything to do with me or that I give a monkey's ;)

I don't wish to publish in my signature the URL leading to my 30 minutes of web design experience, because it's rather crap and I still haven't got around to making a proper one.

I think Joe's comments may have been misconstrued slightly, I believe that he too was trying not to directly promote another supplier's goods but inadvertently achieved the opposite effect :D

Jim_77

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2008, 02:07:42 am »
Or have I got it wrong and you still think I'm Steve Carpenter?

Doug Holloway

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2008, 08:18:37 am »
Hi Guys

Jim.

There is no problem on this board mentioning the names of products, I prefer it as it makes life a lot simpler.

I mentioned MP as clarification was required as to which product was used because in this case a problem had occurred and MP had obviously not destroyed the odour.

Unfortunately there are those who post under false identities for whatever reasons they may have and this does cause distortions, although experienced CC's are unlikely to take much notice of posters with no real identity.

In all my time on this board, I have tried to stimulate more technical discussion of the realative merits of different chemicals so that CC's, including myself get a better understanding and I will continue to do this .

Cheers

Doug

p.s Joe is obviously real, I've met him at the CCDO and he posts his picture so there is absolutely no problem. It would be nice to meet up with your goodself maybe at next years event.

Jim_77

« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2008, 05:16:50 pm »
Maybe.. but I'd be hounded out of there if they smelled m-power on me!

Phoned the site supervisor today and he says he can't smell anything untoward in there today, but his sense of smell isn't all that good.  Not surprised the number of years he's been working in a school, his nasal passages have probably closed up as a reaction ::)

He could smell the offending odour before though, so signs are good.  Hopefully my theory is correct and the lack of post-treatment after extraction was the fault.  Drying off with the M-Power present should sort it.

I've stressed the importance of ventilation, unfortunately  I couldn't leave my fans in there yesterday because I needed them today.  The school is being hired out tomorrow and the doors to the affected rooms locked shut, which I'm not happy about.  I'm a bit worried about the humidity tbh, the rooms hardly get any air flow.  Might nip back in and chuck some fans in there overnight tomorrow if he'll let me.

Good job it's only half a mile away!

P.S. I know Joe's real ;)

Mike_Roper

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2008, 09:58:07 pm »
Anyone that has met Steve carpenter would tell you that he isnt Jim ,his speech and manner is totally different, no disrespect to either parties.
Mike

Jim_77

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2008, 12:58:16 am »
Welcome to 3 weeks ago ;D

I was just jesting Mike, this springs back to a little stirring that paul J david moss jones started a while back :)