Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

birdymiller

Backpacks
« on: October 01, 2008, 01:15:22 pm »
Ive had my shurflo backpack for nearly 2 months and i am very pleased with it. So much that i have stopped using my freedom trolley. My concern is that if it breaks so iam thinking about selling my trolley and buying another backpack as a spare. Just wondered how long the pumps and batteries last on them. Would i be better off just buying a spare pump.

Any tips from backpack users would be greatly received. How long have you had yours, do you use it all day every day. How do you fill yours, at the moment i have my trolley set up with a 25l container filling the backpack whilst i do the downstairs trad. It works quite well but would i be better off buying a different pump to do this. Dont know how much the trolley pump costs compared to alternatives.

Cheers paul

jeff1

Re: Backpacks
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 01:40:45 pm »
Ours gets used most days, we've had it for 2 years December and no problems it still uses its original battery as well.

Its filled from the van tank with a small caravan pump, takes around 1 minute to fill.
If you get yourself a small trolley and strap it to that, you won't have the worry of breaking the tank by dropping it on the ground to hard when its full.

I see no reason for not carrying a spare pumps and circuit board.

birdymiller

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 01:55:34 pm »
You say yours get used most days but i am using mine all day every day apart from when i am trading downstairs. Just a bit concerned that i am going to get too dependent on it and then it breaks. How is your caravan pump powered and how much was it. Cheers for the help with my ro as well jeff, ive been using it on flush for 5 months instead of production :-[

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 03:01:42 pm »
You say yours get used most days but i am using mine all day every day apart from when i am trading downstairs. Just a bit concerned that i am going to get too dependent on it and then it breaks. How is your caravan pump powered and how much was it. Cheers for the help with my ro as well jeff, ive been using it on flush for 5 months instead of production :-[
If you are worried then buy yourself a spare pump and a spare board or like you say a new backpack, at least this way your covered when out at work, My daughter just came home and told me the pump in the van wasn't working so she used the backpack, Just checked her van pump and it had an air lock, but the backpack saved her coming home.

The caravan pump is a small submirsable one available for around £20 we just stick it on the van battery for power.

The pump comes with a little plug on it, Just cut that off and replace with a couple of crocodile clips, the hose is a double one, just slice one side off (the cable runs up one hose but its not needed) you can then add a small hose pipe for the length you need. (hope all that makes sense?

I bet your RO is running faster now then ;)

birdymiller

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 03:26:09 pm »
Nice one, cheers jeff. Yeah ive never had so much water, i used to have to leave it on all day and night just to produce enough.

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 03:31:49 pm »
Nice one, cheers jeff. Yeah ive never had so much water, i used to have to leave it on all day and night just to produce enough.
I think the markings on the RO tap are completely wrong and not explained correctly, its a very easy mistake to make.

If you ever forget in the future, just check the water output from your waste pipe, if you turn it to flush, it will gush out, when its set to produce water for work, it won't come out of the waste pipe so fast.

adixon

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 01:05:40 am »
how long does your battery last on your backpack and what setting do you have it running
I have mine on 2 and only seems to last about 4hrs just ordered a spare to change over to half way through day

adixon

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2008, 01:14:34 am »
why on earth would you sell your freedom trolley great bit of kit,got mine set up as a van mount and then i can disconnect in seconds to use as trolley, bought the backpack for my brother in law to use.
omnipole sell a pump 80psi to fit the backpack £55+vat, i like the thought of it been 80 psi as i like a good flow rate and not sure how long shurflow pump will last if i have it running on setting 3 or 4 all day

Xline Systems

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2008, 01:49:01 pm »
i would buy a spare pc board rather than a pump as they can be a pain in the butt

birdymiller

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2008, 06:18:00 pm »
I used my backpack today for the longest since getting as my son was working on downstairs. 5 hours on setting no 2 and i have no problems with flow or battery. I have ordered another backpack from williamsons for £178 and sold my trolley for £150. I dont like reeling and unreeling hoses. Prefer the backpack as it is more portable.

x-line whilst your on i still cant figure out if my ro has a di or not any chance you could have a look a.mccanns thread from a few days ago, theres a photo off it on there.pc boards would they just be a plug in type and how much are they.

cheers paul

dai

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2008, 08:15:19 pm »
My backpack is only used for small stand alone job, probably used 3 or 4 times a week.
I have had to replace both the circuit board and the pump.
I was thinking of making a little plastic shield, this would stop water running down the back into the pump compartment when filling it up, [it's on a trolley] I am convinced that water getting to the workings lies at the root of most back pack problems.

spark1

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2008, 10:21:11 pm »
Just intrested,how long does the water last in the back pack.

tacky

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2008, 10:26:08 pm »
if u want a spare backpack .id go for wcw backpack .£80plus vat .nice bit of kit .

birdymiller

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2008, 10:46:27 pm »
spark, depends on what the windows are like on the house you are doing. I can maintenance clean 5 3bed semis with 5 standard windows upstairs before a refill. I tend to get 15 mins on back pack then trad downstairs for 20-25 mins, depending on conservatorys. Its gives the back a rest.

tacky, i havnt used a wcw one but they always say out of stock. I like the shurflo one anyway so now ive got a spare.

spark1

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2008, 11:01:49 pm »
Would you recommend one even though i have a van mount system

Xline Systems

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2008, 09:11:15 am »
I used my backpack today for the longest since getting as my son was working on downstairs. 5 hours on setting no 2 and i have no problems with flow or battery. I have ordered another backpack from williamsons for £178 and sold my trolley for £150. I dont like reeling and unreeling hoses. Prefer the backpack as it is more portable.

x-line whilst your on i still cant figure out if my ro has a di or not any chance you could have a look a.mccanns thread from a few days ago, theres a photo off it on there.pc boards would they just be a plug in type and how much are they.

cheers paul
you have mail mate

elite mike

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2008, 10:51:25 am »
Cheers for the help with my ro as well jeff, ive been using it on flush for 5 months instead of production 

hope your not on a meter birdy ;D