Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.Acorn

Watermark on brand new woolen carpet
« on: August 26, 2008, 06:08:12 pm »
Been to attempt removal of a watermark today,builders had installed new heating system using the big old rads in a massive house just down the road from me.The rad had leaked on the brand new carpet which is a twist pile very expensive,the type that you can`t rub as it goes all fluffy  :(
Tried to extract with b109 ,no joy.Sprayed with neat b109 left to dwell still no joy,i had told the company that booked me that it was no easy task and could not gaurantee any success.But could i have done anything else ? was thinking of oxi bright and fabric shampoo.
Not all bad though they have booked me to clean about 15 runners 5 sofas 6 armchairs keep me busy for a while  ;D
What goes around comes around

gwrightson

Re: Watermark on brand new woolen carpet
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 07:17:23 pm »
try a bonnet mark , or a l/m    often does the trick

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 08:06:23 pm »
Ive done lots of water stains best way use browning perscription will disapear infront of your eyes the extract if it dosent which 99% it has i then goto next stage .........150rpm rotary(bonnet attatched) with fibre shampoo in the solution tank then rinse extract not been beaten yet and im still a "newbie"

markpowell

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 09:57:11 pm »
Mark,
browning prescription diluted 1-1 with water apply and leave 25 mins, Extract with water and get airmover in place. This should do the trick.
Mark

Gerry Styles

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 10:22:36 pm »
From the Prochem Data Sheet:

For direct stain removal, dilute 200ml. B175 per litre of water (1 to 5)
For carpet rotary and upholstery shampoo application, add 100ml. B175 per litre of
ready-to-use B105 Fibre Shampoo solution (1 to 10).
Apply to affected area by sprayer, leave for 5 to 15 minutes, then rinse extract with
clean water.
For severe stains, dilute B175 with an equal part of water and leave for a longer
period before rinsing.
Premier Klean Limited

M.Acorn

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 10:44:32 pm »
Right will order some now call them tomorrow and say i have another product.Cheers guy`s i have tried to get hold of some before, but both of my local suppliers say it`s uneconomical for them to stock it as nobody wants it  >:(

clinton

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 07:34:40 am »
Mark are you going to h w e or use a buffer mate?

Let us know how you get on :)

M.Acorn

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 08:32:00 am »
H/W/E i don`t have a buffer,and it`s not the sort of carpet that will take it.Can`t rember what it`s called,but it`s long threads of wool which is looped and sewen into the backing,goes very fluffy .Ordered the b175 last night so should be here soon

markpowell

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 04:59:20 pm »
Mark,
I have used at various dilution rates and would recommend 1-1 and leave for 25 mins.
Mark

M.Acorn

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 03:38:53 pm »
Cheers will give it a blast on tuesday prob,stuff turned up today.Comoany responsible for the damage are well happy that there might be a way out of changing the brand new carpet ! it`s a very very big room 20x14ft in a huge 3 story house 3 doors down from me,they were living next door until begining of aug while they had it renovated,we are talking top $$$$ .good to get them onside  ;D