Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WCE

Re: Anyone worn an SLX out yet?
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 12:23:42 pm »
I do make sure that I have the supplied allen key with me when I go to work.  I find that I need to nip nos. 1 and/or 2 clamps most  days - if not every day.  No hardship though and I really like this pole.  I would love it if Alex brought out a much longer version of it.
Someone else said that to me - They suggested that they put the allen key on your van key ring apart from that though they are well impressed with it. I must admit it is a well made and thought out pole and await the new versions with interest. The other addition to the range which would be good is a 17ft one based on the Xtel Dimensions (ie section length). A lot of us use the extel but I dont think any of are impressed on the life of them. Now if someone brought out a similar pole which addressed this issue then that would IMO be a top seller! The SLX certainly has the potential
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

mark dew

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2008, 01:27:23 pm »
The other addition to the range which would be good is a 17ft one based on the Xtel Dimensions (ie section length). A lot of us use the extel but I dont think any of are impressed on the life of them. Now if someone brought out a similar pole which addressed this issue then that would IMO be a top seller! The SLX certainly has the potential

The 17ft xtel is by far the best value pole going.
I'm suprised there are no other poles which have the same closed length. The user  friendliest pole on the market. IMO.

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 05:38:16 pm »

Alex's 17' X-TELs are £56.00

They are not really £56 are they ::)
Add on VAT + delivery and it comes to £81.59
And thats the bare pole, no gooseneck no hose, no connector.

Yes, of course, but theyre not £140.00 either. I have enough brushes, angle adaptors, hose to last a lifetime, the bare bones pole'll do me.

kevin James

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 08:33:05 pm »
Slid down some ice covered stone steps this week flat on my back, the pole took an almighty whack and nothing to report. Pity my back wasn't carbon fibre.

On another forum, Duke has fitted a kettle element to a backpack. In the YouTube vid he has it boiling. I'm doing the same. How nice to have a hot hot water bottle on yer back & something to soften the fall!

Kevin

NWH

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2008, 08:50:12 pm »
I don`t like the clamps on the pole and if you close the pole from height to quickly sections get jammed,i couldn`t get on with it and to be honest it looks a good product but was slowing me down.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 09:03:15 pm »
I don`t like the clamps on the pole and if you close the pole from height to quickly sections get jammed,i couldn`t get on with it and to be honest it looks a good product but was slowing me down.

Hm, I do understand what you mean, but in order for the clamps to jam, you have to lower the section, with out stopping it or slowing it down with your hand, because they are low drag clamps, the pole picks up quite a lot of speed. I've hurt my finger a couple of times doing that, the clamp slamming down on a cold finger is quite painful.

The clamps do need a bit getting used to, but I'm happy with them, lining them up doesn't cost time, I was annoyed with that in the beginning, but it's not that bad when you have used it for a while.

NWH

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 09:06:20 pm »
Nothing whatsoever to do with the clamps,the pole shuts beyond it`s taper and that`s why it jams it`s pushed into section below it.You can shut the Facelift pole from height almost like it`s clampless,it`s hard to do this with any other tele pole out there.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2008, 11:01:25 pm »
I do make sure that I have the supplied allen key with me when I go to work.  I find that I need to nip nos. 1 and/or 2 clamps most  days - if not every day.  No hardship though and I really like this pole.  I would love it if Alex brought out a much longer version of it.
Someone else said that to me - They suggested that they put the allen key on your van key ring apart from that though they are well impressed with it. I must admit it is a well made and thought out pole and await the new versions with interest. The other addition to the range which would be good is a 17ft one based on the Xtel Dimensions (ie section length). A lot of us use the extel but I dont think any of are impressed on the life of them. Now if someone brought out a similar pole which addressed this issue then that would IMO be a top seller! The SLX certainly has the potential

I just keep the key in my back pocket while I'm qworking as it's pretty much guaranteed I will need it sometime throughout the day.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2008, 11:07:34 pm »

Yes I noticed that about jamming.  You need to take a bit of care not to close it too tightly.  I suppose everyone works a bit differently.  The tiny bit I lose on closing it down I more than make up in general usage due to the light weight.  I also would prefer the more standardised clamp style but it is possible to get used to the ones it comes with.  I was very pleased to be able to get that spare off you as overall, I do like these poles.

Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 04:59:55 pm »
After almost jamming my finger with a speeding clamp i decided to wrap a piece of duck tape around the pole directly below each clamp. Now i can close them at speed with no jamming or crushed finger ends. 8) syd

NWH

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 05:36:18 pm »
After almost jamming my finger with a speeding clamp i decided to wrap a piece of duck tape around the pole directly below each clamp. Now i can close them at speed with no jamming or crushed finger ends. 8) syd
Why should you have to do that though.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 05:41:36 pm »
you get love bites otherwise Ionics poles were lethal at doing it

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 06:31:22 pm »
Don't like the their hose tidy because this adds to the weight of a pole when closed and makes the work harder. There is a much better way of doing this.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 06:59:35 pm »
Don't like the their hose tidy because this adds to the weight of a pole when closed and makes the work harder. There is a much better way of doing this.

It does add weight but not and awful lot. It's quick and simple, and neat. I know that pvc tube thing that you mentioned a long time a go, but that might pay out to much in one go, so your pole hose would be on the ground more. That's what I'm doing it for, to keep the pole hose clean.

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2008, 07:14:08 pm »
Good answer.

I'd like to go into this a little bit but it would be too far off topic so i'll save it for another time.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2008, 07:42:31 pm »
Good answer.

I'd like to go into this a little bit but it would be too far off topic so i'll save it for another time.

Please do, it's been some time, and I forgot what exactly it was and how it worked, it was pole hose loops in a couple of pvc pipes held on your belt I believe?

I've been thinking of ideas as well, but I needed something quick, because my pole was seizing up due to all the mucky mess on the ground due to the weather, and I must say that the purefreedom thing does a very good job, you can notice the added weight, but it's not too much of an inconvenience. I might get some lightweight pole hose to counter it. The actual pole hose tidy is very very light, doesn't weigh anything.  :)

Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008, 07:51:50 pm »
Why should you have to do that though.
I shouldn't really considering the price paid but until the man in the street uses them the designers don't get everything right first time. Its still a brilliant pole though, just a pity the extel clamps aren't suitable. As for the hose tidy aspect, i have a small metal "s" hook on my belt to loop the excess tubing on when doing the downstairs/bungalows. D.I.Y again, but it works! ;D ;D ;D Syd