Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Captain Scarlet

PILKINGTON ACTIV - SELF CLEANING GLASS
« on: July 22, 2008, 09:44:51 pm »
www.pilkington.com/International+Products/Activ/default.htm

I cleaned a new customer today, an massive house with a huge consevetory. The entire house was Pilkington Activ and to top it off, the millionaire owner ( Cambridge, Major and owner of shares in Liverpool FC and ex big wig for OTIS lifts) used to work for Pilkington and ownes shares in it too.

He was very scared that the WFP would damage the Activ coating but I persuaded him otherwise despite him being insistent that it should only be cleaned with soap and a clot. After much discussion he agreed to allow me to clean the property with the poles.

He was initially impressed when I got out the SL-2 to clean a huge 40ft window over his  consevetory then as I began to remove all the filth from his windows that hadnt been cleaned in a year. This man had gone around the world persuading Arabians and big companies to fit Activ in their Skycrapers, but even he was turned. So there we go, thats my story from today, Luke

Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

Alex Gardiner

Re: PILKINGTON ACTIV - SELF CLEANING GLASS
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 09:51:52 pm »
When it first came out a rich client had paid over £5000 for a few panes of it on the roof of their outside dining area. After 3 months they had to get me along to clean all of the bird poo off, they were not impressed by it!

Captain Scarlet

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 09:54:42 pm »
ironically the stuff is attracts heavy dirt much worse than normal glass........honest!!!!! Dirt seems to bake on it, requiring a huge amount of scrubbing by the Window Cleaner, its simply not worth paying for. Luke
Ffenest ( est 2007 ) is a fully insured premium quality window cleaning service based at Llandderfel near Bala. All our work is guaranteed, rain or shine, year round.

ftp

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 09:57:35 pm »
I can never get the stuff looking clean - it looks sandy when wet and dries out looking dirty and dusty. I just can't get it right.  ???

NWH

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 09:59:46 pm »
ironically the stuff is attracts heavy dirt much worse than normal glass........honest!!!!! Dirt seems to bake on it, requiring a huge amount of scrubbing by the Window Cleaner, its simply not worth paying for. Luke
That`s correct,it really does atract more dirt in my experience.

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 11:04:23 pm »
I had to leave the back of a custy yesterday because her new conservatory was being finished, she asked a price to clean it on a regular basis including the roof, I gave her a price and it was then she told me the roof was pilkington self cleaning glass, I refused to do the roof because of the fear of scratching the coating on the glass, it was then she told me that the sales man told her that they may occasionally have to give it a hose off and a quick scrub with a brush. :o

I said I would do it on her request but she would have to sign a disclaimer first.

craig jwc

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2008, 08:45:30 am »
I can never get the stuff looking clean - it looks sandy when wet and dries out looking dirty and dusty. I just can't get it right.  ???

I just give a good scrub and plenty of water on the rince.
The stuff is rubbish & don't know how they get away selling it.
I've been looking at getting new windows fitted at home and had an arguement with the salesperson as they were telling me how brilliant it is and would be able to save paying my WC ;D