Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathanael Jones

Powerwashing poles?
« on: July 22, 2008, 10:13:44 pm »
I'm looking for a pole approx 35' - 40' for use with a water broom for cleaning roofs like this:

www.pitchwitch.com/

Any idea's where I'd get one?

Alex Gardiner

Re: Powerwashing poles?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:16:08 pm »
The UK distributors for this range of products is Omnipole. They sell them under the Powerpole name. I'm sure that they would also be able to supply the PitchWitch as well.

Wayne Thomas

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:20:32 pm »
Cleaningspot sell them as well

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 10:30:30 pm »
I thought they looked similar!!

Just checked the omnipole website,.. bit pricey,.. but this kind of work makes it worth the investment.

Has anyone got one? A bit of feedback on the weight, rigidity etc would be great!

Kevin R

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 10:54:09 pm »
I have three Nat, Sounds excessive I know, I have a 48 ft and two @ 36 ft. One 36 and the 48 are set up as power washer poles and the other is used as a support pole and for use with the gutter spike camera etc.

They are not the lightest of poles but they do need to have a bit of weight as this makes the both strong ,rigid and able to do some very tough jobs like using the spike to remove turf from gutters.

In my opinion they are fantastic for a range of jobs from cladding cleaning to use with the Omnivac.

One of my better investments. I have had two of my poles over 18 mths they get used most days and still look new.

Hope that helps  ;)

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 11:02:14 pm »
Thanks Kev.
At 48ft is it still useable by 1 man, or is it too heavy?
What pressure are they rated to?
I'll have to consult my financial advisor (the wife!) see if she'll let me invest!

Kevin R

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2008, 11:35:27 pm »
Thanks Kev.
At 48ft is it still useable by 1 man, or is it too heavy?
What pressure are they rated to?
I'll have to consult my financial advisor (the wife!) see if she'll let me invest!

The 48 has eight foot sections but is usable by one man for camera work etc but if using as a pressure washer you really need a support pole and second man, not to lift it but just for safety.

The hose is 150 bar rated, which is more than enough at height!!!

The nice thing if you do invest is it will last forever  ;)