Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Seers

Truckmount Advice Required
« on: July 17, 2008, 12:45:17 pm »
Hi,

I have recently been looking for an industrial hot water pressure washer, and have almost completed finance on one for about £9k.

I was wondering whether anyone could recommend a carpet cleaning truckmount which could double up as a pressure washer @ 3,000psi. Does anyone use their truckmount for pressure washing everyday?

We already have a scorpion portable but I thought that maybe with a truckmount I could do both carpet cleaning and pressure washing if I could find the right machine.

A lot of the truckmounts I have seen only pressure wash at 1,200 psi. Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Huw

Aquakleen Restoration Services

Re: Truckmount Advice Required
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 12:46:55 pm »

Seers

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 12:55:50 pm »
I think it is only 2,000psi for pressure washing

Cheers,

Huw

clinton

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 01:09:56 pm »
Think the prowler only will do light pressure washing jobs..The man to ask is john kelly he is very helpfull on that side of things..What set up are you geting?

Seers

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 01:20:16 pm »
Hi,

The pressure washer we we're thinking of getting was ht tp://www.dirtdriver.co.uk/products/products_page.htm and it's the first one under diesel powered hot washers.

We do a fair amount of carpet cleaning at the moment and have been thinking about a truckmount for a few years, if I could find a machine that could do industrial pressure washing as well, we would go for it.

I think the titan may fit the bill but our budget doesn't stretch that far!

Cheers,

Huw

derek west

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 02:04:53 pm »
theres a company called woodbridge who do a truckmount that goes to 3000psi, just had a look and the ones on the web site go to 2500psi but i'm sure they do one that hits 3000. not sure if there anygood or not, i was told that if you use it for power washing as well as carpet clening then your putting to much strain on the engine, especially running it at 3000psi all the time. for longevity i'd keep the machines seperate but what do i know.

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 02:12:19 pm »
Huw, what kind of pressure washing are you looking at doing? If its just driveways, facias etc then you don't need to go to the expense you are planning. Cold water at 3-4000 psi is more than adequate to carry out this kind of cleaning.
Hot pressure washers are better if there is a lot of grease or oil about such as cleaning wagon and digger chassis etc. Can also be a help in removing graffiti although again cold water with the correct product can also suffice.
You can pick up a really good cold pressure washer for 1-2k.
As regards using a truckmount as has been said I wouldn't advise using one for extended periods as it puts hours on the blower, heat exchanger, pump etc. Far better to have a seperate pressure washer.
If you went down this route you would have a cracking pressure washer and enough left for an entry level truckmount. Spend 9k instead of 18.

Seers

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 04:53:40 pm »
That's what I was worried about John.

We do large retail forecourts etc and run pressure washers all day long, I thought it may put to much of a strain on a truckmount.

We currently only use cold water pressure washers, but have a hot water one on hire at the moment to do graffiti removal. Ideally I wanted the option of using hot when I needed although cold water has been fine in 90% of our work.

If I had to spend the money I would have liked to have got one machine which could have cleaned carpets and pressure wash, oh well.

Cheers,

Huw.

John Kelly

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 05:01:28 pm »
Buy a hotbox and run your cold washer through it.

Seers

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 05:11:49 pm »
I knew that would be your answer!

I've never been really sure if a hot box would work and what temperature it would heat the water to, although it would be a real saving in price.

Plus, really I want a truckmount anyway. If I could get one which could do pressure washing I would have my excuse to get one!

Cheers,

Huw.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 05:22:10 pm »
a truckmount will never produce the heat needed when pressure washing, unless it uses a diesel burner and non of them are available in the UK.

you need a separate pressure washing unit  then you can move it closer to the job a TM is limited by access.

mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Seers

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 09:09:02 pm »
Hi Mike,

Most of the diesel unit pressure washers are fitted inside the van, like a truckmount, unless you trailer mount them which I find a pain. I was wondering if there may be a heat problem at such high pressure though, as you mentioned.

Looks like two seperate units and two vans then.

Cheers,

Huw.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 09:25:06 pm »
huw the problem is the amount of water that will flow through a truckmount heat exchanger, its too much to allow the engine exhaust gases to create a high enough build up of water temp'

a t/m is fine when cleaning carpets were only 3-4lts/min of water pass through the heat exchanger it will produce hot water, but start putting 15lts/min through it and the water will only be warm at best.

I use a hot box like John suggested it will do 21lts/min to pure steam. they cost around £850ish

Seers

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 09:32:52 pm »
That hot box sounds ideal mike, could you give me details? But is it run off electric, because really most places where we work need us to run as standalone away from water and power. Although we have a 8kva silent generator which runs our chewing gum removal trailer units.

Cheers,

Huw

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 09:41:03 pm »
h ttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOBILE-DIESEL-HOT-PRESSURE-POWER-WASHER-JETWASH_W0QQitemZ330231349277QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330231349277&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

read it through properly

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 09:46:08 pm »
cut & pasted this from their website;

THIS IS A LAVOR VULCANO HOT BOX PERFECT FOR CONNECTING TO YOUR COLD WASHER TO GIVE INSTANTANEOUS HOT WATER UP TO A MAX TEMPERATURE OF 140 CENTIGRADE (STEAM)

THE BEAUTY OF THIS MACHINE IS THAT YOU COULD CONNECT IT TO A 3000 PSI COLD WATER ENGINE DRIVEN PRESSURE WASHER AND HAVE HOT WATER AT 3000 PSI WHICH WOULD ONLY BE POSSIBLE WITH A 3 PHASE ELECTRIC MACHINE SO IN OTHER WORDS HAVING THE POWER OF THREE PHASE WITH ONLY ONE PHASE

THIS HOT BOX COULD ALSO BE RUN OFF A GENERATOR OR YOU COULD RUN IT OFF AN INVERTER CONNECTED TO A BATTERY OF YOUR WASHER I.E. IF YOUR ENGINE DRIVEN WASHER IS KEY START MAKING IT TOTALLY MOBILE

AS SHOWN IN PHOTO CONNECT THE 5OO WATT INVERTER TO YOUR 12 VOLT BATTERY WITH THE CROCODILE CLIPS INCLUDED AND SIMPLY PLUG THE HOT BOX INTO THE INVERTER AND HEY PRESTO TOTALLY MOBILE NO NEED FOR MAINS POWER OR GENERATOR ( AN INVERTER COSTS £45)

VOLTAGE IS 230 V - 1 PHASE - 50 HZ

CONNECTED LOAD 300W

MAX DELIVERY RATE IS 21 LITRES PER MINUTE

HEAT OUTPUT IS 74 KW

DIESEL OIL

28 LITRE FUEL TANK

INLET COUPLING 3/8

OUTLET COUPLING 3/8

SHOCK RESISTANT SELF - BEARING FRAME

4 BIG WHEELS EASY TO MOVE

QUICK COUPLINGS SUPPLIED WITH MACHINE

murky

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 08:32:35 am »
I thought Woodbridge started off doing truck washers etc and diverted into cc machines.

I would have thought they would be able to help you out.

Murky