Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cvdewsbury

part time workers
« on: July 01, 2008, 11:27:42 pm »
I have a part time worker who has helped me for over 2 years working 15hrs per week,thing is  she has been dipping into some of the cash takings and I have dismissed her....she is due at the unemployment office next week and wants me to say she has been dismissed due to the fact we have lost some contracts so it will not affect her benefits, I,m all for helping folks and keeping the peace but this aint going to come back to me in been liable to make redundancy payments to her? ???

Fox

Re: part time workers
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 07:26:49 am »
Why help someone who has stolen from you?  I think she is damn lucky you didn't call the police as I would have done and actually have done in the past!  Don't risk the redundancy thing (I'm not sure where you would stand on that) if you want to be soft about it write on the form dismissed for gross misconduct unless they ask for further reasons.

Fox

Gerry Styles

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 07:55:47 am »
Theft = instant dismissal. If you help her you leave yourself open, she not worth it
Premier Klean Limited

*Chris Browne

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 09:43:13 am »
Do not help her out, has he helped you out? and there is nothing stopping her from doing it again.

Chris