Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gaza

RE BLOWN WINDOWS
« on: January 24, 2005, 12:12:28 am »
i STARTED USING WFP SYSTEMS BUT TWO WINDOWS BECAME MISTED UP AFTER,ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN what was said to the customer?
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Ian_Giles

Re: RE BLOWN WINDOWS
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 06:31:12 am »
Not to sure what you mean by misted up, I presume you mean that it was a double glazed unit, and that condensation occured between the 2 panes of glass?
If so then the vacuum seal has gone, not a lot you can do in this case, but you won't have been the cause of the seal going, though if it has gone badly then water may have got into the gap between the 2 panes as you washed them :-\
but if they have gone, they usually only show up badly after some considerable time has passed as they gradually build up a film inside, kind of a smokey look to them.

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

gaza

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 04:02:21 pm »
your answer is spot on Ian,but what do you tell the customer when they swear blind it was you who did it,when you know it wasnt ,it was wear and tear,or generaly an old knackered window already before you clean the d/glazed unit.
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Pureandclean

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 07:06:07 pm »
Ask the guy, exactly what is it that I am doing, that could cause sealed units to blow.
 I have come to the conclusion that with some windows that have been misting up for a while, when we run cold water down the outside pane, it causes the mist in between the panes to condense and run down inside of window.
Customer has not noticed the misting but sees the water now running down inside of window and thinks, window cleaner has done it.
When I used to clean windows by hand, I used to notice windows starting to mist up, and I would mention it to customer, it was amazing how many had not noticed it.

::) Blessings  ::)

Graeme

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 09:48:47 pm »
I have had this happen on a large house what i said was that the windows have broken seals and it would of happened in time anyway with the climate in and outside the house.I also told them they could speak to the people who supply my equipment and also a double glazing installer.They did this and were told that if the seals hadnt have been damaged then the water wouldnt have gone in therfore the windows need to be replaced.They excepted this and have had replacements.I am still cleaning this house with no bad feelings.

Duke

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 05:34:57 pm »
I've got a couple with duff double glazed unit's as well. God knows how they can tell the difference when I've done them...one has about 2 inches of water in it...lol. As for the one's that are SO dirty on the inside...I don't know why they bother...I could do the crappest job in the world...they'd be none the wiser...and as for the state of some of the insides of the properties...it beg's belief. I think you can tell alot about a household from cleaning the windows....no wonder it's a favourite with wannabe burglars...and as for some of the security.....good job I'm honest and a pro.....the amount of open windows, doors, key's left, etc...I despair.