Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

Scotchgard protector - Advice needed
« on: June 13, 2008, 04:19:51 pm »
Do any of you guys use the new scotchgard protector?

How do you apply it, as you would a pre-spray?

Is it nececery to wear any breathing aparatus?

Should you apply it straight after the clean while carpet is still damp or arange to go back the next day?

If its applied straight after cleaning, how long do you tell the customer to keep off the item treated for drying purposes?

Finally - can I only purchase scotchgard products through Prochem?

Thanks Paul

markpowell

Re: Scotchgard protector - Advice needed
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 08:19:54 pm »
Hi,
You can purchase Scothguard through olympic cleaning at a very competitive price see there website www.olympiccleaning.com, if you are applying on a new carpet you should first give the carpet a misting of fabric & fibre rinse, then apply as you would a pre-spray then brush and re-set the pile so that all sides of the fibre get the benefits. If you are cleaning first use the Fabric fibre in the rinse tank than apply the same way.
Mark

*paul_moss

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 09:02:51 pm »
Paul
There are a few suppliers stocking Scotchgard, do a search for best prices.
All your questions will be answered on the label/instruction of use. ;)
Paul Moss  MBICSc
www.mosscleaning.co.uk
REMOVED FOR POSTING OFFENSIVE MATERIAL

stevegunn

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 09:23:45 pm »
The problem with Olympic are the delivery charges, went through the site to order items 8 in total £29.13 delivery charge :o

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 09:48:03 pm »
just clicked on the link to Olympic and AVG immediatley popped up a virus threat detected.
Anyone else had this problem?

benny d

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 10:08:19 pm »
Apparently, if you are using the free AVG anti virus, it is well known to give "false positives" on alot of things. Not to say there isnt a problem, but it's probably AVG.
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...

terryyy100

Os

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 06:33:55 pm »
Hi, Just a thought, but are you using Scotchguard because you like it or because its there? I use two different products both (I think) very good. One is Stain Guard, and the other is STA Protector, they are much cheaper than Scotchguard, easy to apply and do work well. I would reccomend on a cost effective basis having a look at these. Hope that helps. Os

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 04:08:59 pm »
I think Olympic ought to charge a few pennies more, then get their webpoope sorted out.

Yes you can find stuff, but it's a pain in the arse.

Also my first order turned up with a 4kg tub of Pureclean all smashed up. This was because they had taped a 10ltr container of multipro on top of it.

I was going to have a word but was busy the day they delivered. On balance their prices and range of product are very good and staff helpful.

mark shannon

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 05:07:05 pm »
Anyone any idea if you can buy leaflets and van decal for new Scotchguard product ?

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 07:50:55 pm »
Paul

Why not phone 3m and get a list of their agents.

Mark

Sorry don’t know but you could also phone 3m re logo log into the site and copy the logo as a jpeg give to your sign person who can enhance it am sure they wont mind. 8)

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

kinder clean

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2008, 11:42:07 pm »

mark

The guy that taught me the trade has scotchgard logos all over his van, and he didn't ask permision.

Not sure about the the flyers, i'll take Lens advice and give em a ring

Paul