Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drive surgeon

heavy high pressure hoses
« on: June 18, 2008, 07:51:06 pm »
my hoses are really heavy and with the quick connectors on they alway drag on the floor, im sure i coulsd get away with thinner hoses, i got them from tech clean with the powerr tech 250 machine,   i have 3 x 10 metre lenghts,   

by the way how much do you guys pay for 10 metres??

dandandan

Re: heavy high pressure hoses
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 07:57:23 pm »
I`ve got 100 foot of blue non marking hose on a reel screwed to floor of van with an extra 50 foot hanging up in case i need to add it,got the hose off merrill fox and the reel and connectors off another good company called pirtec.

drive surgeon

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 08:01:15 pm »
how many metrtes is that dan dan dan, my maths is bad, ha ha,  do you find it easy to wind in and use?  do you just pull it out and take it round the back of custies houses? do you have to leave van doors open, or do you take machine out of van and take it round the back?

dandandan

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 08:17:33 pm »
Theres about 3 foot in a metre so 33 metres roughly.I just pull out what i need and reel in when finished.My machine is chained in back of van permanently with wheely bin,you`ll know if someone is robbing it while your round back of house cos your water will go off,ha ha,then see how fast you can sprint 33 metres.I just leave back door open were exhaust pipe is , we don`t have these security problems in liverpool,the bagheads aren`t strong enough to lift a washer and would prob burn there fingers on exhaust pipe.The difference when hose is on reel is great,nice and tidy,no kinks etc.Haven`t been to a job i couldn`t reach yet,never had machine out of van and wouldn`t bother if i had to.good luck. Dan

drive surgeon

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 08:26:27 pm »
sounds like a good set up, i tale it you have the wheelie bin stopcock from merril fox to stop water overflowing in van?

dandandan

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 08:32:40 pm »
Yes,got the stop cock,you can fill bin and not worry about flooding van,a must i reckon.I connect my hose reel to it and connect to custys water then forget about it.I shut water off to hose down at end and to drain bin.

drive surgeon

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 08:35:24 pm »
do you drain bin after each job, is it held in place in van?  is it a citroen dispach van, sounds like a nice set up.

dandandan

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 08:43:17 pm »
Yes,bin strapped in van,drain it off so water doesnt soak van over speed bumps,saves slowing down,ha ha,citreon dispatch,boss van

drive surgeon

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 08:48:00 pm »
thay have side doors too dont they>  bet that comes in handy.

dandandan

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 09:05:21 pm »
yes,you need side doors so you can get acces to van when washer is permanently at back,dispatch has 2,i just leased mine for 2 years,£200 a month ex vat.