Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

p1w1

best fittings
« on: June 16, 2008, 05:02:39 pm »
Hi,

Just got my pump varistream etc to work out my van was just wondering what fittings are generally used for the hoses etc I don't really want to use hoselock as they are quite exspensive and i always find they don't last that long was wondering are brass/metal fittings better or even high pressure fittings what do most people use.

Paul

Dean Aspects

Re: best fittings
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 05:04:23 pm »
I just got some brass hoseloc type fittings from tesco they are only £2 so worth a try

Dean

p1w1

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 05:06:26 pm »
thanks dean think ill go get some even for spares at that price.

paul

NWH

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 05:33:40 pm »
EZ snap fittings.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 06:23:52 pm »
I've just replaced a leaky hozelock fitting with a Gardena one and it instantly stopped leaking. I don't know if all Gardena fittings are this good but I've seen them recomended before on the forum. I've not had much joy with metal fittings

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 07:39:33 pm »
i think in the DI section gardeners do a 1/2 '' type of ezsnap/schrader type which would be good if they are the same quality as the smaller ones we use. Brass hoselock are good and havent leaked with me, try and find the ones with metal balls in the inside bit of the female ones that hold the male in because plastic bits in brass ones tend to brakes as poorly as the completely plastic hoselocks.

Jon-scwindows

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 07:42:56 pm »
also on the brass ones i usually take off the screw on back part and plastic chollar that would normally clamp the hose in place and replace with a jubilee as that holds the hose allot stronger when others have leaked.