Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean Aspects

Re: Did my first builders clean !
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 10:00:48 pm »
I charged more than £300 per day for builders cleans and for me it was not worth the hassle and the aching limbs stick to normal window cleaning for me

Dean

twt

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2008, 01:53:43 pm »
I like builders cleans  but i have learnt never to give a price before i do the job i just do the job and then give the price, this method requires trust for both parties. You should also be on good money for these.

gary evans

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 06:47:12 am »
Sorry about delay, new jobs yesterday & no internet at home (long storey)

WE HAVE BEEN OFFERED £35.00 FOR HANDOVER SPARKLE CLEANS THIS CAN BE  DEPENDENT ON CONDITION 6 TO 10 HOURS WORK + TRAVELLING. THEY WERE LOW ANYWAY NOW THEY ARE RIDICULOUS.

The speck for these is realy strict anyway, but, if somebody goes in to do snags your back to re-clean standard.

You can guess the answer.

We are looking at other areas, luckily we dont do much, so not to much to replace.

Gary

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 01:12:32 pm »
I have just completed a builders clean on a block of flats, to say the job was a nightmare is an understatment instead of a couple of days it took 12 was not happy at all even though we was on day rates.

If ever you do this check first the state and plastics on the window ect.

We worked nuts off to get this done as work was stacking up again.

There are many things that can and will go wrong on builders cleans make sure the price is right or walk away.

Ian

p.s just because I like a challenge I have just taken on 2 more jobs a block of houses, then an estate (things I do to get big houses these days is mad).

I was Ian a F*!king nightmare lol
P&R Window Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 01:26:30 pm »
I have just completed a builders clean on a block of flats, to say the job was a nightmare is an understatment instead of a couple of days it took 12 was not happy at all even though we was on day rates.

If ever you do this check first the state and plastics on the window ect.

We worked nuts off to get this done as work was stacking up again.

There are many things that can and will go wrong on builders cleans make sure the price is right or walk away.

Ian

p.s just because I like a challenge I have just taken on 2 more jobs a block of houses, then an estate (things I do to get big houses these days is mad).

I was Ian a F*!king nightmare lol
lol nightmare was not the word really seemed to get worse and worse

WCE

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 01:31:43 pm »

WE HAVE BEEN OFFERED £35.00 FOR HANDOVER SPARKLE CLEANS THIS CAN BE  DEPENDENT ON CONDITION 6 TO 10 HOURS WORK + TRAVELLING. THEY WERE LOW ANYWAY NOW THEY ARE RIDICULOUS.

The speck for these is realy strict anyway, but, if somebody goes in to do snags your back to re-clean standard.

We are looking at other areas, luckily we dont do much, so not to much to replace.

Gary

The builders must be crap then!!!  We have most sites in our area and they pay more than that for sparkles! We have developed an understanding with most site managers we come in LAST. Usually they are pretty straight forward at most a bit of paint removal and the rest is pretty much a standard clean (although the build cleans are a different story - nightmare!). If they send someone in snagging after we have been in then tough. If they want us to come back then that is an extra simple as. We get a site instruction from the site manger requesting an extra clean and then they pay us for an extra clean. A few weeks of this and you will be amazed how the trades suddenly stop taking the mick and dropping crap over everything. A couple of extra cleans and a few counter charges from the developer to the companies concerned soon sorts em out.
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2008, 01:36:42 pm »

Gary

The builders must be crap then!!!  We have most sites in our area and they pay more than that for sparkles! We have developed an understanding with most site managers we come in LAST. Usually they are pretty straight forward at most a bit of paint removal and the rest is pretty much a standard clean (although the build cleans are a different story - nightmare!). If they send someone in snagging after we have been in then tough. If they want us to come back then that is an extra simple as. We get a site instruction from the site manger requesting an extra clean and then they pay us for an extra clean. A few weeks of this and you will be amazed how the trades suddenly stop taking the mick and dropping crap over everything. A couple of extra cleans and a few counter charges from the developer to the companies concerned soon sorts em out.
The site I have just done did not give a flying hoot.
The plastics company I think got nailed, they kindly removed some of the plastics then trew mortar and texture over the windows, some looked like it had been rollered on there then flicked. New set nice. Next job yet to see but fingers crossed it will not be like the last site.

WCE

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2008, 01:49:38 pm »
We had a wimpey site like that. Things were so bad there because there was no morale  amongst the workers. All the site manager was interested in was his bonus at the end of the year. They didn't care about anything else, backfired on them though as one day someone from head office came up to investigate the amount of missing materials there. As he arrived he was able to witness a bricklayer taking as many bricks as he needed for another job of his own. Then if that wasn't enough he then witnessed the forklift operator destroying a load of doors and windows (that were specially ordered in from Holland) Why? Because they were in his way and he couldn't be bothered to move them. They had a meeting with all the trades and told us that in the 10 months the site had been open they had lost over £100,000 worth of materials. Then the HSE turned up and closed the site for 3 days due to breaches in H&S. The manager was sacked on the spot. The replacement  manager was exactly the same - bonus driven. I was glad when the site was finished. My point is that some sites are bad, really bad but thank god they are not all this bad and hopefully your next site will be one of the good ones!

East coast window cleaning Services

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2008, 02:16:27 pm »
WCE your dead right in what you say but. Does not always go to plan. The main problem at the moment with Wimpays is that the units they biuld are timber framed which means 9/10 the windows go in before any brick laying is done. I cannot tell you the meetings ive had with them regarding using better protection. Now where using the roll of protection which the stupid installers roll everywhere and is a sod to remove from the upvc frame. It gets to the point where you feel like jumping of the scaffold lol. Its taking me 2 days to do 28 windows on wimpey site this week.
P&R Window Cleaning

WCE

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 02:22:30 pm »
WCE your dead right in what you say but. Does not always go to plan. The main problem at the moment with Wimpays is that the units they biuld are timber framed which means 9/10 the windows go in before any brick laying is done. I cannot tell you the meetings ive had with them regarding using better protection. Now where using the roll of protection which the stupid installers roll everywhere and is a sod to remove from the upvc frame. It gets to the point where you feel like jumping of the scaffold lol. Its taking me 2 days to do 28 windows on wimpey site this week.
That roll is worse than than the mess! And your right it don't always go to plan! In your area are they building those horrible units that look like they are soviet communist blocks? The flats they build are the worst though!

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2008, 03:19:59 pm »
makes me feel better  ;D took 12 days to do a block that should have taken 3 if that