Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: jonah
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2008, 10:32:31 pm »
Discount, no copout at all - thats my honest opinion i'm very different from you in that i like my job and absolutely detest talent shows. When you become ill and look around you won't be wishing you worked more hours, you'll be wishing you spent more time with the wife and kids. Once you get past fifty it's unlikely your going to make it as far as hitting the big time goes - it aint going to happen just relax and enjoy the autumn of your working life.  ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2008, 10:36:46 pm »
Discount

Part of the trouble is I have got those iconic buildings, maybe if i didnt have them i would still be lusting.

Trouble is when you have got them, they whack you out, they are hard work, you have to fit them in around your other stuff.

I have got my son working with me tommorrow to give us a break, trying to talk him out of joining the marines next month, might get him to get a mate and work the round.

groundhog

« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2008, 12:08:20 am »
Just spoke to Jonah on the phone, he is touched that people are concerned for him.

He isnt upset with anyone at all and found it quite amusing, when i explained this post to him.

He is away due to technical issues and cant get back on this site until his request for a new account is accepted.

He deleted his account thinking he could change his user name that way and got in a pickle.

He will be back as soon as soon as he can register again

Thats good news!! Thanks for letting us know Dave, I'm glad Jonah is ok, and look forward to his return to the forum!!  :)

jeff1

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2008, 01:38:11 am »
Some people, nice people, people like Jeff maybe need a little bit more of the selfishness and compulsion that we have.

Clive, that is one thing I don't need? Why? I'm a happy go lucky type of guy, I'll help anyone who needs help and only if I'm able too.

When I was 20 years old, something happened in my life that changed the way I see and treat people today.
I now give respect to everyone I meet or talk to but on one condition I get respect back.

10 years ago I was given my business and for that I have always been grateful to old Stan and Stuart.
I've paid my mortgage off, I have money in the Bank and I don't owe any money to anyone.

The Boss has MS and I'm still healthy, so why shouldn't I give back something that was given to me all those years ago?
I now want to stay at home and look after the Boss and the way I run and expanded my business over those ten years, has enabled me to do this and helped me save for that rainy day, and it was all done without being selfish.

I was going to give my business away to a member of the Training Academy, until my eldest girl heard what I was about to do, Not thinking any of my 3 Trad trained girls would want to do wfp work, How wrong was I.

I am now training up my eldest girl to take over the business in September of this year, after September of this year, I will no longer have a w/c business but I will continue to help her if she needs it and for as long as she needs it, I would have done the same if it was the forum member.

I will also continue with my conservatory and guttering work as and when it comes in, if that goes tits up, then so be it.
I will still have my 3 daughters, my seven grandchildren and most of all the Boss, plus my own happiness and a few bob in the bank.
What more can a man ask for?

mr D

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2008, 02:11:19 am »
Discount

Part of the trouble is I have got those iconic buildings, maybe if i didnt have them i would still be lusting.

Trouble is when you have got them, they whack you out, they are hard work, you have to fit them in around your other stuff.

I have got my son working with me tommorrow to give us a break, trying to talk him out of joining the marines next month, might get him to get a mate and work the round.

i dont think talking him out of any thing is a good ida if you manage to he will prob always think youmade him miss out on something. just advise him on good as well as bad points

sjm

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2008, 07:18:02 am »
flipping heck ! It is me " the shiner formerly known as Jonah "  ;D   I was trying to get my new screen name , thats why I deleted the old one .   Nobody has offended me on here ( Quite the opposite in fact you are all great , love you guys )  Dave give us a ring when you have a minuite .  Have a good day everyone  ;D

sjm

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2008, 07:27:55 am »
By the way it feels good being a newbie  ;D

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2008, 09:57:25 am »
Welcome back Jonah!!! You were missed!!!

john tomkins

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2008, 01:32:35 pm »
Welcome back mate, get that post count up ;D

jeff1

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2008, 07:38:22 pm »
flipping heck ! It is me " the shiner formerly known as Jonah "  ;D   I was trying to get my new screen name , thats why I deleted the old one .   Nobody has offended me on here ( Quite the opposite in fact you are all great , love you guys )  Dave give us a ring when you have a minuite .  Have a good day everyone  ;D
Welcome back Jonah
I'm glad it wasn't me or Groundhog that upset you. ;)

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 10:19:41 pm »
glad your back mate you are not bad for a yorkshire lad  ;D ;D
where theres muck theres money

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 10:29:01 pm »
Is that you in pic jonah?

I'm thinking about making another comeback. I might just use my own name and a picture.

Hows the wfp developing?

sjm

« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 10:35:43 pm »
Is that you in pic jonah?

I'm thinking about making another comeback. I might just use my own name and a picture.

Hows the wfp developing?
No its not me  ;D , just like his spirit lol .  plan to be up and running wfp september time .   Dave your not so bad yourself mate  ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 10:42:04 pm »
Whos this Jonah guy anyway ?

His he the guy who cant sleep in the mornings ?

Nice to see what  SJM finally looks like, no wonder you are going wfp, I bet you really struggle with those ladders !!!!!!

sjm

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 10:47:40 pm »
Whos this Jonah guy anyway ?

His he the guy who cant sleep in the mornings ?

Nice to see what  SJM finally looks like, no wonder you are going wfp, I bet you really struggle with those ladders !!!!!!

thats why i need a big payload for the van  :-*

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 11:01:41 pm »
So did Jonah really live in a whale

sjm

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 11:08:44 pm »
So did Jonah really live in a whale
well it says he was swallowed by a " great fish " , so it could have been a great white shark or a sperm whale !  What you have to remember is that it was god who miraculously kept him alive  ;D